Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Kashmir Problem

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Gu View Post
    No matter if it's outdated to India,it's UN resolutions。Why did Kashmir not hold that voting?instead of it is the second India-Pakistan War。
    That UN resolution is under chapter 6 and not "enforceable" as under chapter 7.

they are "recommendations" for solving a dispute pending agreement of both parties and once both parties could not agree, it was done and dusted with.

Infact ex- UN SG kofi annan made this clear to pakistanis on a visit to pakistan.

and you conveniently ignore that pakistan tried land grab choosing the military options on two occasions in 1947 and 1965.
    so are you still talkin about UN resolutions?

and i find it hilarious that you blame india for territory grab on "junagadh"

it was pakistan that had no business touching a nonmuslim majority area and intimidated a young under aged ruler to sign the instrument of accession.
    Infact junagadh only weakens pakistan's case.

India is a secular and multicultural. pakistan is considered to be a muslim homeland.you see the difference?

so the same logic does not apply when we touch kashmir.

by international law, the instrument of acession is a valid instrument for accession to a new nation state.India's legal case on kashmir is airtight.

ruler of kashmir signed the instrument of accession of his free will. all pakistan has a baseless charge that the ruler was forced and mostly based on emotional nonsense.

The majority of Kashmiris are Muslims and they had decided in June 1947 to join Pakistan.However the Hindu Maharajah thought otherwise and he decided against the wishes of the majority. In the same period Lord Mountbatten awarded the Muslim majority disrict of Gurdaspur to India which gave India access into Kashmir through Jammu. This issue brought Mr Mohammad Ali Jinnah and Lord Mountbatten into conflict and Mountbatten threatened to delay the partition. India had already moved troops to the Jammu border in July 1947. Whereas Pakistan Army was in process of establishing. In
    Gilgit and Baltistan it was Major Stewart Matheson a British Officer who with help of the
    local population and Gilgit Scouts overcame the Maharajah's troops and officials and sent
    message to Pakistan to help the people of the region against the Maharajah, as they did
    not wish to be part of India. When General Gracey tried to delay whatever small force at
    that time Pakistan had near the Kashmir border. The Pashtuns from the tribal regions took the matter in their own hands and by invading prevented India from occupying all of
    the disputed territory. Pakistan army was able to reach Baramula and their momentum unnerved India, and she immediately appealed to UNSC for cease-fire and agreed at that
    time to all the resolutions.But went against all agreements after consolidating defence fortification in their occupied region. Pakistan will have no objection to withdraw forces from her part of Kashmir, if India did the same and a neutral UN police force takes control
    and a referendum is held. The next option is to divides the region at the Chenab river and
    in this way the Hindu majority area will go to India and Muslim majority will rejoin with
    the region under Pakistan control. Kashmir is not the only religious-ethnic problem India is facing? They have in the East the Naga- Mizo problem. In South the Dravidian ethnic group will again rise, the Sikhs living in Canada and other countries who had fled still talk
    of Khalistan, And not to forget Sikkim?

Quote Originally Posted by kisakhani View Post
    In South the Dravidian ethnic group will again rise, the Sikhs living in Canada and other countries who had fled still talk
    I was going through this doozy trying to get the meaning of it all, and I just gave it up at this part; laughable!!
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Kashmir:

I am sorry that your power of reasoning could not answer your call to the article, and you had to vent your anger at GOD. It is this Omnipotent Spirit that gave humans the power to reason and differentiate between good and evil. It is only up to us to seek HIS help in distress? The only question is how we ask in humility or with arrogance. Dag Hammarskjold was not only a great
    diplomat and statesman, he was also follower of some of the great sufis such
    as El Ghazali, Ibn El Arabi, Sheikh Saadi, Attar and Rumi.In his book Markings
    he states:God does not die on the day we cease to believe in a personal deity
    but we dieon the day when our lives ceased to be illumined by the study radiance, renewed daily,of a wonder,the source of which is beyond all reason.

The majority of Kashmiris are Muslims and they had decided in June 1947 to join Pakistan.However the Hindu Maharajah thought otherwise and he decided against the wishes of the majority. In the same period Lord Mountbatten awarded the Muslim majority disrict of Gurdaspur to India which gave India access into Kashmir through Jammu. This issue brought Mr Mohammad Ali Jinnah and Lord Mountbatten into conflict and Mountbatten threatened to delay the partition. India had already moved troops to the Jammu border in July 1947. Whereas Pakistan Army was in process of establishing. In
    Gilgit and Baltistan it was Major Stewart Matheson a British Officer who with help of the
    local population and Gilgit Scouts overcame the Maharajah's troops and officials and sent
    message to Pakistan to help the people of the region against the Maharajah, as they did
    not wish to be part of India. When General Gracey tried to delay whatever small force at
    that time Pakistan had near the Kashmir border. The Pashtuns from the tribal regions took the matter in their own hands and by invading prevented India from occupying all of
    the disputed territory. Pakistan army was able to reach Baramula and their momentum unnerved India, and she immediately appealed to UNSC for cease-fire and agreed at that
    time to all the resolutions.But went against all agreements after consolidating defence fortification in their occupied region. Pakistan will have no objection to withdraw forces from her part of Kashmir, if India did the same and a neutral UN police force takes control
    and a referendum is held. The next option is to divides the region at the Chenab river and
    in this way the Hindu majority area will go to India and Muslim majority will rejoin with
    the region under Pakistan control. Kashmir is not the only religious-ethnic problem India is facing? They have in the East the Naga- Mizo problem. In South the Dravidian ethnic group will again rise, the Sikhs living in Canada and other countries who had fled still talk
    Yessssss and now i am having trouble in digesting my food.
    Really if people like you would were left to make suggestions then the world would be a coldrum of revolutions in every corner....its unfortunate people like you still see a country only on the basis of religion---
    I OFFER YOU MY DEEPEST SYMPATHIES

My advice -stop reading history books that have been rigged to show things like....they are the bad guys and we are the good guys...read from a neutral source(....which shouldnt be chinese:P) and then speak

Regular

Kisakhani Reply

[QUOTE=kisakhani;688866]In South the Dravidian ethnic group will again rise,QUOTE]

Sir, this is too much of fantasy dream for you Pakistani's . I would suggest you stick to your usual Kashmir rantings only.

Dirty Kiwi Senior Contributor
    Te Whanganui a-Tara, Te Ika a Maui, Aotearoa
    I am sorry that your power of reasoning could not answer your call to the article, and you had to vent your anger at GOD. It is this Omnipotent Spirit that gave humans the power to reason and differentiate between good and evil. It is only up to us to seek HIS help in distress? The only question is how we ask in humility or with arrogance. Dag Hammarskjold was not only a great
    diplomat and statesman, he was also follower of some of the great sufis such
    as El Ghazali, Ibn El Arabi, Sheikh Saadi, Attar and Rumi.In his book Markings
    he states:God does not die on the day we cease to believe in a personal deity
    but we dieon the day when our lives ceased to be illumined by the study radiance, renewed daily,of a wonder,the source of which is beyond all reason.
    Firstly, it's his signature not a reply to his post, secondly it's not an invitation to proselytize, which is against forum rules. Please desist.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Let's not feed the troll. Dravidian uprising, Sikkim revolt..these really are pretty clear signs (of being a troll and a madrassa education).

Patron
    I think Pakistanis will have to get used to the fact that India will never leave Kashmir and that Pakistanis are too weak to do anything about it.

Dravidian ethnic group you mean Tamils when have they risen?...Sikhs in Canada?..what about Sikhs in India?..A Sikh is the PM of the country.And what is it about Sikkim?It is the one of the most peaceful states in the country.

.its unfortunate people like you still see a country only on the basis of religion---
    Sir,though all the religion nation don't show a good side to the world,I will not criticize them。That‘s what their people choose and we can't make sure if there's one day they can overtake others。It's their business。
    My advice -stop reading history books that have been rigged to show things like....they are the bad guys and we are the good guys...read from a neutral source(....which shouldnt be chinese:P) and then speak
    So are Indians,especially India mediaI don't like use the data come from China become I have to translate it。So my data often come from Wikipedia or other English media。

I know the history of the sub-continent from 8000BC as student of Archeology and History
    and incidently the books I studied were written by English authors. Books written later by
    Indian and Pakistani writers each tries to knock the other out. I had the opportunity to
    study the issue at UN library in New York in 1991 and those notes were from neutral party.My advice is accept the Chenab formula on Kashmir and utilize your energies towards betterment of both nations.

Why don't you accept that you have serious problems of separation in India and no matter how hard you try to hide them in the sand it comes up. Ask the Kashmiris under your occupation not to rant. Tell the world that its all quiet in Sirinagar?

It is your vision that is myopic? Study Philosophy and see the world with the outer corner
    of your eyes and not the inner. No matter how deep Mao buried or banned the philosophy
    of Confucius.He lives in the hearts and minds of millions around the world;
    'To see what is right,and not do it, is want of courage or of principle.'
    'learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous' -Confucius.

Quote Originally Posted by Parihaka View Post
    Firstly, it's his signature not a reply to his post, secondly it's not an invitation to proselytize, which is against forum rules. Please desist.
    Thanks Pari, for a while I didn't understand what what Kisakhani's post was about)
    Last edited by antimony; 03 Nov 09, at 20:44.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Kashmir is not the only religious-ethnic problem India is facing? They have in the East the Naga- Mizo problem. In South the Dravidian ethnic group will again rise, the Sikhs living in Canada and other countries who had fled still talk
    Funny post. Look like you've recently undertaken a crash-course on India's "religious-ethnic problems".

Thread Information