No announcement yet.

"US Coast Guard Debunks Photo Of Russian Sub Off New Jersey Beach"- NBC News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "US Coast Guard Debunks Photo Of Russian Sub Off New Jersey Beach"- NBC News

That’s the word from the Coast Guard about a photograph that some Internet users believe shows a nuclear-armed Russian submarine surfacing a few hundred yards off Corson’s Inlet near Strathmere, N.J., in the heart of the state’s beach resort area.
    The photo has been creating a bit of a buzz on the Web since it was posted on a Philadelphia NBC station’s site last week by amateur photographer Andrew Ferguson. “I was down the Ocean City shore in New Jersey, Corson’s Inlet, on Sunday photographing the wave and surfers,” Ferguson wrote. “When I got back home to view the pics on my computer, I noticed something odd in the background so I enlarged the photo, and there it was: a ‘submarine’ had surfaced.”

A fellow user of the NBC Web site confidently stated that the image was of a “Soviet Typhoon Class Nuclear Submarine.”
    Coast Guard debunks 'Russian sub' photo - Life- msnbc.com

If that's a Typhoon, my house is Windsor Castle.

My guess is it's the privately built "Nautilus" used in the 1917 silent film of "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea".

Well, that's just as logical as the Typhoon theory.
    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Oh for cryin' out loud! What kind of IDIOT reported THAT as a submarine of ANY kind, much less a Russian one??

An eight year old could've figured that one out! Anybody who's seen the first 5 minutes of Hunt For Red October would've figured that one out!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by TopHatter; 03 Sep 09,, 14:54. Reason: Toned it down
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Naw! It's the Poseidon floating upside down. You can see a propeller on the left and two stunt men standing on the inverted hull pretending to be survivors between takes.

Comment

I must admit I laughed rather hard at the deep water dreadge being mistaken by these idiots for a Russian submarine.
          Anyone with any kind of naval understanding would have known immediatelty that the chances of it being a Russian submarine in violation of international waters (particularly that close in shore) would be about 99.9-.1.
          Last edited by Dreadnought; 03 Sep 09,, 13:12.
          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Well, it's Jersey. If it's not industrial waste or bodies floating offshore then its gotta be the Rooskies
            You know JJ, Him could do it....

Comment

How silly, but funny too. Seriously one could mistake it for many things or other kinds of vessels, but a Russian sub?! Some people just don’t know better and are way too paranoid….

Nebula82.
              Last edited by nebula82; 03 Sep 09,, 18:27.

Comment

I have failed to see how that object looks in any way like a modern nuclear sub. For one thing, where is the sail?
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                  I have failed to see how that object looks in any way like a modern nuclear sub. For one thing, where is the sail?
                  ;):))

Comment

My thoughts exactly

One person posted in the "Comments" section of a news article, confidently identifying it as a Typhoon-class submarine.

Seriously. What kind of jackass?

Had to have been some idiot trolling.
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Its that little bump thingy LOLOLOLOL........

And I have naval experince. and thats a Juliett/Typhoon/november class all in one submarine....... YEP<YEP<YEP AHHUUAA.
                      "Peace through Power" Late Ronald Reagan

Comment

....Aliens?

Comment

Originally posted by Master Chief View Post
                          Its that little bump thingy LOLOLOLOL........

And I have naval experince. and thats a Juliett/Typhoon/november class all in one submarine....... YEP<YEP<YEP AHHUUAA.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                            My thoughts exactly

One person posted in the "Comments" section of a news article, confidently identifying it as a Typhoon-class submarine.

Seriously. What kind of jackass?

Had to have been some idiot trolling.
                            There are all kinds of "know-it-all" blow hards who just want to be heard to get their Andy Warhol 15 minutes of fame.

After we recommishioned the New Jersy, one of my co-workers was at a model ship and airplane show (he has his own model ship hull shop that builds the hulls and casts some fittings for other model builders).

Someone had a very nice model of the New Jersey in its new configuration. So here is this tall, overweight, blabbermouth critisizing the model as being totally inaccurate as it did not have the ski-jump flight decks on the stern (as built up out of cardboard and balsa wood on a model who's photo appeared in The Proceedings. I saw it a couple of years later stowed at the dark end of a dead end hallway in the Pentagon).

This braggart was critisizing almost everything about the model repeating the lact of flight deck a number of times.

Finally, Lee went over and said, "That's funny. I just saw the New Jersey the other day and there was no flight deck on it."

The blowhard had to ask, "How do you know?"

Lee simply answered, "I work at the Long Beach Naval Shipyard and designed a number of structures on it and been aboard her so many times in the last two years I've lost count."

Blowhard didn't say another word and just walked away as the other people nearby started laughing at him.

Comment

Looks real to me ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X