Oasis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oasis

Just my opinion , but i think its a GREAT day for music ;)

Noel Gallagher's departure from Oasis has been described as a "sad day" for music by the man who originally signed the band.

Haha, what a shocker. ;)

I think we were lucky in HK, they performed here a few months ago (went to it).

I don’t think they’ve released anything in a while. None of the new albums of the last 5-6 years are anywhere near as good as the early albums (Definitely Maybe, Morning Glory, Be Here Now and the compilation album Masterplan).

Nebula82.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
      Just my opinion , but i think its a GREAT day for music ;)

Noel Gallagher's departure from Oasis has been described as a "sad day" for music by the man who originally signed the band.

You are a bitter & twisted old man Tankie.

Serilusly, though, they did produce a couple of album's worth of truly fine pop music. My problem was that:

a) even by the remarkably low standards of rock they were genuine @holes.

and

b) they were WILDLY overrated by the notoriously faddish English music press. Saw one of those '50 greatest British Albums' lists in some magazine where their 'expert panel' put an Oasis album at no.1 - ahead of the Beatles!!! Bit like putting Peter Frampton ahead of Jimi Hendrix in a guitar poll.
      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Meh. When Hooky left NO, that actually was a loss. In this case, what Tankie said.

Comment

Originally posted by nebula82 View Post
          Haha, what a shocker. ;)

I think we were lucky in HK, they performed here a few months ago (went to it).

I don’t think they’ve released anything in a while. None of the new albums of the last 5-6 years are anywhere near as good as the early albums (Definitely Maybe, Morning Glory, Be Here Now and the compilation album Masterplan).

Nebula82.
          When they went to yet another 'slap on the back' award, they stood on stage and in their usual aggressive manner and called all the record producers a$$holes and fat cats and other selected vocabulary. From that day onwards they disappeared from our screens and their publicity hit the floor. They are the most obnoxious pair you would ever want to meet.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
            when they went to yet another 'slap on the back' award, they stood on stage and in their usual aggressive manner and called all the record producers a$$holes and fat cats and other selected vocabulary. From that day onwards they disappeared from our screens and their publicity hit the floor. They are the most obnoxious pair you would ever want to meet.
            i would have liked to have met the guy who jumped on stage and pushed one of em over , busting his ribs on a speaker tee hee :))

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
              When they went to yet another 'slap on the back' award, they stood on stage and in their usual aggressive manner and called all the record producers a$$holes and fat cats and other selected vocabulary. From that day onwards they disappeared from our screens and their publicity hit the floor. They are the most obnoxious pair you would ever want to meet.
              Yeah, there are endless stories about them. They're even banned from flying on Cathay Pacific. I don't remember what they did, but they obviously indulged in mischief of a very serious nature onboard!

The Gallaghers are arrogant uncultured jackasses...but you can't deny their musical talent when they were in their prime.

Nebula82.

Comment

I just read that he ( no,el ) left because of bullying and intimidation

Well as he walks away ,, i hope he dont look back in anger , and if he does look back in anger , i hope he walks in to a wonder,full wall

Nebula , i personaly didnt like them , the only song i did like was the sound track to a sit com in the UK called the Royals ,,but lots of people did like them and success cant be knocked ,individuals can tho , but as i say , not for me them lot .;)

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post

Nebula , i personaly didnt like them , the only song i did like was the sound track to a sit com in the UK called the Royals
                  The song you're referring to is Half The World Away (from The Masterplan), great song.

Nebula82.

Comment

Originally posted by nebula82 View Post
                    The song you're referring to is Half The World Away (from The Masterplan), great song.

Nebula82.
                    Thats the one ;)

Comment

Is he going to do any more 'Thunderbirds' episodes?
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigfella View Post
                        you are a bitter & twisted old man tankie.

yes

serilusly, though, they did produce a couple of album's worth of truly fine pop music.

NO

a) even by the remarkably low standards of rock they were genuine @holes.

YES

b) they were wildly overrated by the notoriously faddish english music press.

YES

saw one of those '50 greatest british albums' lists in some magazine where their 'expert panel' put an oasis album at no.1 - ahead of the beatles!!! Bit like putting peter frampton ahead of jimi hendrix in a guitar poll.
                        never ever ahead of the beatles ,never in the creation of crows crap ;)

Comment

One of the brothers from Oasis said of the other, "there's only two things I hate about him, everything he does and everything he says."

And Bigfella is an excellent judge of character.

Freddie
                          Never hold your farts in, they run up your spine, and that's where shity ideas come from.
                          vēnī, vīdī, velcro - I came, I saw I stuck around.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                            Saw one of those '50 greatest British Albums' lists in some magazine where

their 'expert panel' put an Oasis album at no.1 - ahead of the Beatles!!! Bit like putting Peter Frampton ahead of Jimi Hendrix in a guitar poll.

Well whoever put them ahead of the fab 4 should have a look at this , cos oasis will never emulate it .IMO

Some 45 years after the first wave of Beatlemania, retailers are preparing for the biggest chart invasion ever seen by the Fab Four.

Not only are the album charts expected to be swamped with 14 revamped albums by the band this weekend, but the group is also expected to top the video game charts with the newly developed Beatles Rock Band.

The new thrust is due to the release of remastered copies of their studio recordings - refined with months of painstaking work - to be released on Wednesday, which has been dubbed Beatles Day.

Bookies are already predicting that John, Paul, George and Ringo will top the album charts once again with Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band favourite to be the biggest seller, according to bookmaker William Hill. The next most fancied is Revolver, then Abbey Road.

Online retailer Amazon.co.uk said that a box set version of the band's stereo albums - priced at £170 - is topping its bestseller list on pre-orders alone. It is thought to be the most expensive item ever to head the chart.

Each of the band's original albums plus the soundtrack to Yellow Submarine, the Magical Mystery Tour EP and the Past Masters collection of singles which were not included on albums have all been reworked and repackaged.

The sets are being issued in two versions - as well as the stereo mixes of each album, which are being sold boxed or individually, and a collector's box of the band's recordings in mono.

Experts have polished the sound and enhanced the quality of the original recordings which have been processed digitally.

One track - Only A Northern Song on the Yellow Submarine album - has even been overhauled to turn it back into a mono recording, for the first time to give it a truer sound.

The enthusiastic response has seen music magazine NME being issued in 13 special Beatles-themed covers this week. To keep up with this younger market, the band's company Apple has moved into the computer games market for the first time with the release of Beatles Rock Band
                            Last edited by tankie; 08 Sep 09,, 18:48.

Comment

Oasis?

Not even a shadow of what the Beatles were, and still are......

I'm not a fanatic fan of either band, but I do recognize talent/originality, and ground breaking capability in a time before the internet.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X