Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warp Echos Catching up with Me

A weird coincidence.

Been thinking a lot of Laura Branigan the past week. I guess it must have started when someone mentioned on another list "Self Control" which I did a dance routine to in the 80's.

Been playing her videos, had her tunes on constant playback in my head, commenting to myself how she achieved, in a certain point of view, the words of one of her songs.

"Forever Young" in checking out at just the right time.

Well, just decided to check my dates on her life and ........wow, she died today, 4 years ago.

Pure coincidence, of course.................right?

Originally posted by SnowLeopard View Post
    A weird coincidence.

Been thinking a lot of Laura Branigan the past week. I guess it must have started when someone mentioned on another list "Self Control" which I did a dance routine to in the 80's.

Been playing her videos, had her tunes on constant playback in my head, commenting to myself how she achieved, in a certain point of view, the words of one of her songs.

"Forever Young" in checking out at just the right time.

Well, just decided to check my dates on her life and ........wow, she died today, 4 years ago.

Pure coincidence, of course.................right?

By the way, I love the song, Forever Young; listening to it right now on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
      It depends. Do you believe in supernatural powers? It can even be signs from the dead, but like I've said it all depends on if you believe in stuff like that.

By the way, I love the song, Forever Young; listening to it right now on youtube.
      Perhaps but then again, there have not been any dreams, though there certainly have been enough mental triggers. Thinking about how she will be missed and all the associated shows with those lines ("The Gun on Ice Planet Zero"; Trancers V; "The Tholian Web").

What can I say? She was a fav of the 80's, my 20's, all the way up into the early 90's, even used her music for some salvations.

Comment

What can I say? She was a fav of the 80's, my 20's, all the way up into the early 90's, even used her music for some salvations.

*Snow you just dated yourself for all concerned.:P
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Very smart lady (or very smart manager). Took a bunch of catchy & successful european pop songs, anglicized the lyrics and BINGO, hitsville. Freind of mine in high school was very nearly obsessed with her. Of course, she was responsible for launching the career of Michael Bolton, so she has a HUGE kharmic debt to work off. Sorry to hear about her untimely death.
          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post

*Snow you just dated yourself for all concerned.:P
            Child at heart, on my 2nd Kid hood!

Comment

Originally posted by SnowLeopard View Post
              Child at heart, on my 2nd Kid hood!

Comment

I was just carded in Vegas.
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                  I was just carded in Vegas.
                  Sweet!

I haven't been carded in years, unfortunately. Must be the attitude . . . . .
                  "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Working...
                  X