The enchanting northern Tibet lakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The enchanting northern Tibet lakes

In the remote, sparsely-populated northern Tibetan area of the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, some 500 lakes with an average area of between one and five square kilometers and 300 other lakes with an average area of over five square kilometers are scattered around the region. With a total area of over 25,000 square kilometers, the plateau boasts the highest lake area in the world. Most of these lakes are salt water lakes, and many of them are rich in borax, sylvite and other rare mineral elements. The magical colors and charming scenery add to the mystery of the plateau.

I haven't visited Tibet. But I have visited Huanglong and Jiuzhaigou near Chengdu in western Sichuen. They have only slightly lower altitude than Tibet, and are also very pristine and scenic. This is unfortunately near the area where the deadly earthquake struck last year.
    Last edited by Merlin; 24 Aug 09,, 04:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
      I haven't visited Tibet. But I have visited Huanglong and Jiuzhaigou near Chengdu in western Sichuen. They have only slightly lower altitude than Tibet, and are also very pristine and scenic. This is unfortunately near the area where the deadly earthquake struck last year.
      I don't think you will feel comfortable when you visite Tibet for her High-altitude

That earthquake really make me feel afraid though I was in Henan at that time。:(

Comment

Working...
      X