Range Report: 1909 Argentine Mauser 30.06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Range Report: 1909 Argentine Mauser 30.06

I am beat, and so is my body. I put over 100 rounds trough my 1909 today. Took me that long to find the paper (since I had a scope mounted on it). I was expecting a shotgun type pattern, but I was very supprised to find that, once I got the rifle zeroed, rounds were landing right on the crosshairs, and this was with a [really] hot barrel. Bear in mind that this rifle has the original 7.65mm barrel so this was a suprise to me. In the morning I will scan my last target and let you guys see for yourself. Bear in mind it was at a range of 50 yards. I hope to start walking out to longer distances.
    Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Hit Often...

Very nice. You can't go wrong with German guns. They know how to build them. All my pistols are German. Well...one is Austrian, but they speak German, right?
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Well here is the story with my rifle. It is a 1909 Argentine Mauser that, when imported, was chambered for 30.06 but left the original 7.65mm barrel. Yesterday I put over 80 rounds of Civilian Marksmanship Program "milsurp" ammo through the rifle. The picture posted is the the last 8 rounds I fired though the rifle. Keep in mind that this ammo is standard 30.06 ammo going trough a 7.65mm barrel. And the barrel was verry hot. I dont know, does a dirty barrel help make a better seal??

Of these eight rounds, the three in the lower left were me adjusting the zero. The next two hit bullseye, the next I pulled to the upper right, and the last two were again bullseyes. This was at a range of 50 yards with a Walmart Tasco 3-9x40mm scope.
      Attached Files
      Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Hit Often...

Comment

Working...
      X