A reverse flow of immigrants because of recession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A reverse flow of immigrants because of recession

I don't know whether it is really because of the current recession in western world or not. There is an increasing number of Western people choose to go to third world countries to live. Their favourite job is to work for NGO and humanitarian organization. They can enjoy an acceptable salary with a low living expense. Not mentioning Western personal, my cousin, who is a Viet working for a NGO, receives a salary 6-7 times higher than Vietnamese average and a special bonus everytimes he travels to far provinces.
    That kind of job also sastifies their need for traveling and helping other people. In case they can only find a volunteer job with low payment, they can still live well by teaching their languages at language centers or private classes.
    At the moment I am helping two foreign friends to do so in Hanoi. I have to look more for exact number to prove my point but I think somehow it is correct.

I doubt that expats have increased due to the recession. However, I'd agree that the number has increased due to the globalization of the world's economy.
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Working...
    X