Which U-boat is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which U-boat is this?

Saw this unusual U-boat photo on one of gunnuts links, does anyone know which boat these guys are onboard?

(I can't find the name anywhere)
    sigpic

(a photo helps)
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

That's a small bear.

Comment

Its the U 2 can pose .

Comment

With Captain Sandy 'clinically insane' MacPherson of S.O.E. in his bear suit.
          sigpic

Comment

I have no idea what U-Boot that is, but it looks like the crew is having bear meat for dinner.
            "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by DragoonGuard View Post
              Saw this unusual U-boat photo on one of gunnuts links, does anyone know which boat these guys are onboard?
              Ask on uboot.net, Mr Dragoon

They'll help you

Comment

It's from the bundesarchiv (obviously) and it's bild 101I-506-B0098-21A.
                I'm useless at searching German language sites, maybe pm tarek to search around the Bundesarchiv site?
                Here's the sequence
                Bundesarchiv - Picture database: Picture archive
                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

ubootwaffe.net :: View topic - Polar Bear

Sorry, this was the best I could find (English and German sources)

Comment

Thanks everybody - Looks like it may be U-307......
                    sigpic

Comment

(a photo helps)
                      LOL

Comment

Comment

(a photo helps)
                          From another forum, some suggested captions for that same photo you posted, DragoonGuard:

1. The crew was jubliant! Another ton added to their record!

2. The smiles all round quickly turned to frustration for the crew aboard U-boat 345, the flea infestation from their prized trophy soon forced the Kreigmarine to scuttle the boat.

3. The OSS agent inside the polar bear costume had gotten away with swimming up to the sub ... but then gave the game away by queueing up in its mess for some strudel ...

4. After expending all their torpedos and deck gun ammo, the U-Boat crew was finally able to sink the Soviet bear that had bedeviled them for the past day.

5. How much can a polar bear? About three magazines of Schmeisser rounds, apparently ...

6. Vat ee4z dees badge around ze bear's neck? Ze DHARMA Initiative? Vat ees dees?

Comment

The boat is U-601. I posted photo on my web page at facebook, My Dolphins, and got this reply: German U-boot, type VIIC U-601, 13th Flotilla, based at Trondheim, Norway. This photo was taken off Bear Island, in the Arctic, on 1st September 1943.
                            https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Comment

Working...
                            X