Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockerbie bomber to be released?

Just saw this.

He was convicted of killing (or assisting to kill) over two hundered people on that flight.

I don't think its correct to release this individual, regardless of his medical condition.

Anger at Lockerbie bomber 'release' - AOL News
    sigpic

Show him compassion, about as much as he showed to the passengers of Pan Am flight 103 in 1988.

Prostate cancer is to good a way out for his type.

Tony
    Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

Remember it well, - We happened to be driving up from Warminster on leave the next morning, happened to be dropping one off the guys of right beside Lockerbie, - What a mess.
      sigpic

Comment

Soft arsed UK again , let the bastard rot

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
          Soft arsed UK again , let the bastard rot
          Eric stop hiding behind a bushel and say what you mean. 270 people murdered and Government has agreed to let him go home for Ramadan to be with his family. What about the passengers NOT going home to their families because of the actions of this individual. This is a political move nothing more nothing less

Comment

Take away his meds and leave him in solitary. Scumbag.
            You know JJ, Him could do it....

Comment

Maybe they should take him and throw his ass out of a plane from about 20,000-40,000 feet in about the same area the plane came to rest.
              Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                Maybe they should take him and throw his ass out of a plane from about 20,000-40,000 feet in about the same area the plane came to rest.
                Dreads , the place has finished a rebuild and getting over the tragedy ,,, as much as i like your suggestion , why shower the good people of Lockerbie with a shower of SHIT .;)
                Last edited by tankie; 13 Aug 09,, 22:02.

Comment

um..does that not also mean that now the UK does not longer have to pay for his caretaking and healthcare?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
                    um..does that not also mean that now the UK does not longer have to pay for his caretaking and healthcare?
                    Yes ,one good thing huh . But as i write this some yank guy ( cowley ) is asking the uk govt to keep the tw#t in jail , but actually i think its down to the Scottish govt . And now the BBC News is asking if it could be a miscarraige of justice ref Libya ?????? the plot doth thicken holmes

Comment

I've read some shit about this guy, seems to me he was used as the fall guy for quick closure on the case, by both British and Libyan authorities. I dunno, he could be guilty, but everything seems quite dodgy. I hate it when stuff is like this, I can understand why some would just like to think that it was him and that's it, case closed, but I dunno, I'm not so sure.

Comment

Mixed reaction here, especially from 'Victims' relatives.

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | South of Scotland | US stands against bomber release

Comment

Originally posted by Steezy View Post
                          I've read some shit about this guy, seems to me he was used as the fall guy for quick closure on the case, by both British and Libyan authorities. I dunno, he could be guilty, but everything seems quite dodgy. I hate it when stuff is like this, I can understand why some would just like to think that it was him and that's it, case closed, but I dunno, I'm not so sure.

And that is why we have learned QC, Barristers and Law Lords to do our legal thinking for us. Over the last 20 plus years they must have reviewed this case a number of times. We are not privy to all the evidence from our shores and certainly not privy to anything from Libya.

Comment

If the UK government releases him, it is not really on compassionate grounds. It is to please Libya. Libya has oil, and oil money for investments.

How times have changed! For years, Libya's Gadaffi used to be considered a pariah, and a 'mad man'.
                            Last edited by Merlin; 14 Aug 09,, 02:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
                              If the UK government releases him, it is not really on compassionate grounds. It is to please Libya. Libya has oil, and oil money for investments.

How times have changed! For years, Libya's Gadaffi used to be considered a pariah, and a 'mad man'.
                              Strange that Brown met Gadaffi in July and now the bomber may be released

"Mr Brown and Col Gaddafi met ahead of talks between the G8 states

Today's meeting is the first time Mr Brown has met Col Gaddafi, who was an international pariah for years following the Lockerbie bombing, for which Libya was blamed.

His predecessor Tony Blair famously flew to Libya in 2004 to meet Col Gaddafi in his desert tent after he gave up his weapons of mass destruction capability and accepted responsibility for the attack."

Gordon Brown has continually refused to say what both leaders talked about. I think we now know

Comment

Working...
                              X