A suggestion to worldaffairsboard's administrators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
    The mods will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure we used to have an India/Pakistan subforum.
    It was called the South Asian Forum if I remember correctly.

As I recall it tended to be home to a lot of heated fanboi-style 'who has the biggest' arguments. Eventually one of these tipped over into an internet attack that shut down the site for a few days. Thereafter the forum was shut down.
    That's exactly what happened.

But amongst all the immaturity & insults there were many posts from people who knew what they were talking about, such that it made the forum very much worth visiting.

I keep half expecting something similar from China-based users one day, but thankfully it hasn't happened yet.
    Yes, hopefully it doesn't, or else the site could be down for a lot longer than a few days...

Nebula82.
    Last edited by nebula82; 25 Aug 09,, 14:48.

Comment

I keep half expecting something similar from China-based users one day, but thankfully it hasn't happened yet.
      Notice the China forum is more "news focused" Don't want to repeat the same mistake again.

It seems that people will react fast to a one-liner, but when it comes to an entire article from thank-tanks and respected sources, they actually have to spend time reading it first.
      “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

more smilies,
        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Working...
        X