Who is this German officer? Jodl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is this German officer? Jodl?

Most of you know me as the "guy who's clueless at identifying rifles and machine guns"... Now I shall re-introduce myself as the "guy who's clueless at identifying German officers" :)

Well... possibly not so clueless. Please see this photo:

[Photo] Italian Count Galeazzo Ciano and and German General Erhard Milch at a German air force training academy, Berlin, Germany, 1936 | World War II Database

Who is that officer on the far left, who was talking to Ciano the moment the photo was taken? Is that Alfred Jodl?

Thanks guys!
    Pete

I'm about 95% sure it's Jodl. His ears, nose, eyes, and chin seem to be a match to other photos I looked at. The only other possibility is perhaps Ernst Busch.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

I presume you're talking about this chap?

No clue
      Attached Files
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

All them aryans look the same....
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Thanks guys.

@gunnut: LOL!
          Pete

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
            All them aryans look the same....
            on of the German officers is jewish (or from a jewish family).

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
              on of the German officers is jewish (or from a jewish family).
              Actually it's true. Milch's father, Anton, is Jewish. Göring had to make up a story that Milch's real father was another man in order to get him off of a Gestapo lineage investigation.
              Pete

Comment

that was what i meant, the part in the () was because the definition of "who is a jew" is a pretty complex one as far as i know, and simply having a (partly) jewish ancestry is not enough to answer that question.

Comment

The Nazis issued "blood certificates" to certain peoples who they found useful during the war (the guy they used as a Wehrmacht model for many of the propaganda posters was Jewish on his father's side), though my guess is that they would have probably done away with the whole lot of them once the fighting was over. And they weren't always nice to 'pure fellow Aryans' either, like ethnic Germans in the General Government like Leon Schiller, Rudolf Weigl, Julius Brusch and deported Lodz Germans who refused to sign the Volksliste.

Comment

Working...
                  X