X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book is ready

FINALLY!

After 11 years of research, editing, collecting photos (thanks Ytlas & Ebay), correcting the list of dry docked ships (thanks Ytlas), correcting the list of graduate apprentices (thanks Rosie, Garvey, Gwinn and Ytlas), collecting detailed work problems of the shipyard (thanks Cooper and Ytlas), Collecting historical items of memorabilia (thanks Ebay), creating accurate maps of the shipyard from the war years to just before closure, photographing shipyard structures before and after demolition (thanks Garvey), confirming or mythbusting stories of the shipyard workers or of the Battleships, attempts to convert from Word and Excel to PDF (thanks Kent) and especially thanks to Amazon for having their technicians correct the incompatiblity of MS and Adobe programs.

The Proof book arrived today and it's better than I expected (though the binding glue should be a little stronger).

It's in a 7X10 format, soft cover, 534 pages. You will be able to buy it through Amazon Createspace as a "print on demand" (no inventory) for $39.00 plus tax and shipping. If you like Naval history and first hand experiences of shipyard workers who have to build and repair warships, you will like that book. Also the appendices are historical references that can stand on their own as documents.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RustyBattleship; 28 Jul 09,, 01:03.
    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Hats off to you, sir. Sounds like I need this book.

Comment

Can't wait to see it. As soon as Amazon notifies you that it's on the website, let us know so we can put the link up on the WAB Amazon store. :)
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
        Can't wait to see it. As soon as Amazon notifies you that it's on the website, let us know so we can put the link up on the WAB Amazon store. :)

They said it should be on their website in about 5 days.
        Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Count me in. Congratulations on the culmination of so many years work!

Comment

Rusty, that's fantastic, well done!
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Good job!
              “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Bravo Zulu!
                You know JJ, Him could do it....

Comment

It's really awesome. Congratulations on the culmination of 11 years of Hard work.

Comment

Congrats sir!

Comment

Congrats RB.

As someone who is attempting to write a thesis (with diminishing success) I have some idea how hard it is to research & write something like this.

You have my utmost respect.
                      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Congratulations sir
                        When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Good to hear sir, Congratulations.
                          For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Congrads Rusty, Having trouble breathing after writing that paragraph?:));)
                            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Rusty, congratulations!
                              But is there a alternative way to get it ? Amazon does not recognize my country....
                              If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Working...
                              X