X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
    Our IT guy is pushing me for a 4th monitor "It'd look SO COOL man!"

I've been paging through the book when I've got a minute to spare. It's looking great, lots of great "insider" stuff, especially when it was announced to a group of LBNSY guys that all 4 battleships were going to be reactivated. The reaction was priceless. :)
    I see Amazon has it for thirty bucks and change.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytlas View Post
      I see Amazon has it for thirty bucks and change.
      LOL...shoulda waited, I could've saved myself 9 bucks
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Our IT guy is pushing me for a 4th monitor "It'd look SO COOL man!"

*Squid:P;)

*Look at that handsome looking ship in the left monitor.;)
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

If it gets much cheaper it will save me a trip to the picnic....

Just pulling cRusty's old wrinkled leg....

Comment

I was wondering what you meant until I looked up my CreateSpace account. It was then I noticed Amazon slashed the price and never told me about it.
            Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
              I was wondering what you meant until I looked up my CreateSpace account. It was then I noticed Amazon slashed the price and never told me about it.
              So when does that first royalty check arrive? :))
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

So when does that first royalty check arrive? :))
                So when does the first WAB reviewer comment get posted?

Comment

So when does the first WAB reviewer comment get posted?
                  Yes. I need positive reviews on AMAZON (as well as WAB) to sell more books and hopefully bring the price back up.

Couple of little tricks you have to watch out for with CreateSpace for publishing. You will get a higher royalty if you go pro (but must pay a full price for the Proof copy - no big deal). BUT, you must ALSO sign up for direct deposit in a bank account. If you don't, they deduct 8 dollars from each royalty to go to the bother of writing you a royalty check (I forget if it's monthly or quarterly).

I did resubmit my Royalty payment to be direct deposit, but it may take a while (yeah sure) to transfer the royalty payment details over.

But still, at the $39.00 price and after deduction of $8.00 I was still getting about 41% which is a heck of a lot better than the measly 10% from other publishers. But even at the cut price my royalty will only be about a buck less, I think.

By the way Ytlas, the complimentary books arrived today by UPS. It took a while as the actual printing is done in South Carolina.

The Amazon headquarters is in Seattle. But the CreateSpace center is in Santa Cruz, CA. so you would also have to pay a California sales tax in you live in CA.

Buyers in foreign countries must check Amazon's list of countries they will ship to. I was surprised that Estonia is not one of them as mentioned by one of our fellow WABers.

Comment

By the way Ytlas, the complimentary books arrived today by UPS. It took a while as the actual printing is done in South Carolina.
                    So why wasn't my copy on my porch this evening?

The picnic is like 7 weeks away. Seems like you're going to have to wait a long time to get some reviews if you hang onto the complimentary copies until then.

I didn't think the monetary aspect of getting a book published had anything to do with you writing the book. I thought it was more about writing a history.
                    Last edited by Ytlas; 06 Aug 09,, 06:17.

Comment

So why wasn't my copy on my porch this evening?

The picnic is like 7 weeks away. Seems like you're going to have to wait a long time to get some reviews if you hang onto the complimentary copies until then.

I didn't think the monetary aspect of getting a book published had anything to do with you writing the book. I thought it was more about writing a history.
                      First of all, you have to email me your address again. It got lost somewhere between computer replacements.

Yes, my main purpose was to record the history of the shipyard as there seemed to be a movement to destroy all remnants of the shipyard ever existing such as the loss of negatives and photos Port Hueneme threw out and the personnel records Bremerton threw out.

As for a monetary aspect, why not? I put a lot of work in it but every publisher I contacted wanted several thousand dollars to print it or it wasn't "their" kind of book. Or it was too big.

What I was able to do in CreateSpace was get the book published in a 2nd grade format and smaller than I wanted. But they were helpful in resizing my uploads to fit their margin requirements. They even shifted the picture on the back corner so the bar code would not cover any of it.

And I have a grand daughter on the way I want to spoil along with my grandson.

Oh, as for putting it on your front porch, they didn't get here until dinner time. I don't have a time travel machine so you will have to wait a bit. I'll be going down to Curley's tomorrow night to give Rosie Pominville her copy (she created the Excel format for the apprentice lists of Appendix E) so you can join us there if you want.

Comment

Oh, as for putting it on your front porch, they didn't get here until dinner time. I don't have a time travel machine so you will have to wait a bit. I'll be going down to Curley's tomorrow night to give Rosie Pominville her copy (she created the Excel format for the apprentice lists of Appendix E) so you can join us there if you want.
                        Really? The merged and enhanced list of the Applist 47-77 and Applist 78-91 with sortable macros?

Comment

Really? The merged and enhanced list of the Applist 47-77 and Applist 78-91 with sortable macros?
                          Not the final version that got both lists together. But she did get it started even before Steve Gwinn dropped of 3 boxes of old Digests so I could get the 1978 to 1991 names.

Comment

Loving this book

Just thought I'd let you guys know I received my copy from Amazon and I've been soaking up every written word.

What a fascinating book.

I highly recommend it to everyone.

Cheers!

Comment

I got mine last week and just got done with it. Fascinating read Rusty.

Comment

Hey cRusty, are you ever going to pass out the books or are you selling them on Craigslist?

The picnic is still 6 weeks away

Comment

Working...
                                X