Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several MRI's were taken locating the mass in my pancreas that was blocking my natural supply of insulin. It created a Jaundice type of rash, first mis diagnosed as Scabies. (easy to goof because the skin scabs look the same and itch as hell).

The first attempt to get a biopsy sample failed when a quarter inch hole was punched through my esophogas. Second attempt was to punch "spikes" through my solar plexus and liver to break into the pancreas. But the damn organ was too tough for the 5 spikes (I know it was five as I was awake the whole time and watching) On the third attempt they finally got through by punching a hole through my stomach (now have an aggravating feeding tube in it) and got the bioptic sample.

A whole month spent in two hospitals and two stays in a nursing home.

I am now living with my daughter and her family in Santa Fe Springs. Several years ago they had an A-hole of a neighbor who illegally added two more rows of concrete blocks to their south wall. All the mortar on OUR side was not troweled off and looked like rows of vomit running over a hundred feet. So I brought over my air and electric power hand tools from my home and using an air powered chipping gun cleaned about 70 feet of the wall. Would have been almost 80 feet but the Hospice Nurse arrived to change my bandages and the weather was getting too hot anyway.

On the 9th of this month the IOWA is having me aboard for some occasion. I don't know what but I'll be there (well she IS a BATTLESHIP).

So, if I'm to go down, the mortician is going to have a hell of a time taking my tools out of my hands.
    Last edited by RustyBattleship; 03 Aug 17,, 03:10.
    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

• Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
      Several MRI's were taken locating the mass in my pancreas that was blocking my natural supply of insulin. It created a Jaundice type of rash, first mis diagnosed as Scabies. (easy to goof because the skin scabs look the same and itch as hell).

The first attempt to get a biopsy sample failed when a quarter inch hole was punched through my esophogas. Second attempt was to punch "spikes" through my solar plexus and liver to break into the pancreas. But the damn organ was too tough for the 5 spikes (I know it was five as I was awake the whole time and watching) On the third attempt they finally got through by punching a hole through my stomach (now have an aggravating feeding tube in it) and got the bioptic sample.

I am now living with my daughter and her family in Santa Fe Springs. Several years ago they had an A-hole of a neighbor who illegally added two more rows of concrete blocks to their south wall. All the mortar on OUR side was not troweled off and looked like rows of vomit running over a hundred feet. So I brought over my air and electric power hand tools from my home and using an air powered chipping gun cleaned about 70 feet of the wall. Would have been almost 80 feet but the Hospice Nurse arrived to change my bandages and the weather was getting too hot anyway.

On the 9th of this month the IOWA is having me aboard for some occasion. I don't know what but I'll be there (well she IS a BATTLESHIP).

So, if I'm to go down, the mortician is going to have a hell of a time taking my tools out of my hands.
      God Bless you, Dick!
      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
        Several MRI's were taken locating the mass in my pancreas that was blocking my natural supply of insulin. It created a Jaundice type of rash, first mis diagnosed as Scabies. (easy to goof because the skin scabs look the same and itch as hell).

Thanks for that info. Interesting since the usual place for a prostatic adenocarcinoma is bone or lymph nodes. The pancreas is a very unusual place for that kind of metastasis. In fact the articles mention how very rarely that has been seen. However, I know you are a smoker? The jaundice was caused by blockage of the common bile duct which can lead to the build up of the waste product bilirubin in the blood and then the look of jaundice in eyes and skin. Did they mention surgery?

The Iowas is having you aboard on the ninth? I would have thought you have automatic boarding rights as it befits your experience?

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
          Thanks for that info. Interesting since the usual place for a prostatic adenocarcinoma is bone or lymph nodes. The pancreas is a very unusual place for that kind of metastasis. In fact the articles mention how very rarely that has been seen. However, I know you are a smoker? The jaundice was caused by blockage of the common bile duct which can lead to the build up of the waste product bilirubin in the blood and then the look of jaundice in eyes and skin. Did they mention surgery?

The Iowas is having you aboard on the ninth? I would have thought you have automatic boarding rights as it befits your experience?
          No surgery was mentioned at the time. Just hints that it won't work.

I do have all rights to go aboard anytime I want being the ship's Naval Architect and a founding member of the Pacific Battleship Center. But this is something special they are setting up for me plus I have some special gifts for the ship as well as the fact that all my book's future royalties will go to the PBC (which is a 501c3 and tax deductible).

My driver that day will be Bobby Riha Jr. whom I have known since he was about 9 years old and is now a Nationally known Photo-Journalist. His father and I were work/team mates in the design division and the best of friends as well.

Oh, and I'm also practicing how to walk without my cane. Damn stubborn German and Irish in me I guess (with a touch of Russian Cossack thrown in).

Comment

• Hello,

Just signed up on this forum to say congrats and I would like to know the title of the book so I can order it!

Comment

• Originally posted by nicolae View Post
              Hello,

Just signed up on this forum to say congrats and I would like to know the title of the book so I can order it!
              A History of the Long Beach Naval Shipyard, Roosevelt Base & Reeves Field N.A.S.
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• There are two versions of the book. A 7"X9" first edition in a yellow cover & Revision "B" just off the presses 8 1/2"X11" with a white cover.

Comment

• Mr. L......

I'm a follower of Mr. L and have read his Yellow Book cover to cover.

Today I was informed that I'd be in LA November 4 & 5 and am seeking a contact for a tour of the USS Iowa.
                  This will be the 3rd of the 4 Iowa BB's I've visited and was looking for a contact and or reference.

V/r
                  Blidgepump

Comment

• Visiting Mr. L's Battleship .....

In memory of Mr. L.
                    I got to visit my 3rd Iowa Class BB.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X