Webley revolvers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webley Fosbery - Automatic Revolver

I was reading up the history of the 1911 and came across this particular reference:

The Webley Fosbery Automaric Revolver, apparently this was a part of the traisl that resulted in the M1911 being selected for the Army

YouTube - Webley-Fosbery

The Gun Zone – Webley-Fosbery Automatic-Revolver
    Webley-Fosbery Automatic Revolver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only other reference to an automatice revolver that I could find is the Mateba Autorevolver
    Has anyone ever heard of any other automatic revolver?
    Last edited by antimony; 23 Aug 09,, 06:18.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by cadpipe View Post
      Local Gunshop has a Webley Revolver, 38 S&W, for 599$. not that much different from the Enfield that was 200$. Wish I had bought the enfield:( Guess it would be non buyers remorse!
      I suffer through that a lot. That's why I'm buying as much as possible now and sort them out later.

Got a lead on a Beretta 84FS. I've always wanted one. It looks so much more elegant than the big brother 92FS. It's rather LARGE for a 380, but damn it the thing is sexy as hell. Ammo is about $1 a shot now, but still, the thing is sexy as hell.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Found a Webley revolver and a Enfield revolver for sale:

The EMPIRE ARMS web-site

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
          I suffer through that a lot. That's why I'm buying as much as possible now and sort them out later.

Got a lead on a Beretta 84FS. I've always wanted one. It looks so much more elegant than the big brother 92FS. It's rather LARGE for a 380, but damn it the thing is sexy as hell. Ammo is about $1 a shot now, but still, the thing is sexy as hell.
          Hell, go Matrix Trinity on the deal and sport two of 'em.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
            Hell, go Matrix Trinity on the deal and sport two of 'em.

-dale
            She used 2 84FS? Where and when? I need to watch it again if that was in the first one. Don't own the 2nd and 3rd movie because they were lame.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
              She used 2 84FS? Where and when? I need to watch it again if that was in the first one. Don't own the 2nd and 3rd movie because they were lame.
              Her first scene when she flies through the window and tumbles down the stairs. She comes up with two 84s. I don't know that we ever see them again, as pretty as they are. I think by the 2nd movie they gave her a big 92 or 96.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
                Her first scene when she flies through the window and tumbles down the stairs. She comes up with two 84s. I don't know that we ever see them again, as pretty as they are. I think by the 2nd movie they gave her a big 92 or 96.

-dale
                Found this:

Matrix, The - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database

Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss) carries a pair of Beretta 84F Cheetahs as her sidearms in the film. These were selected because Ms. Moss has small hands and full sized Beretta 92Fs would be gigantic in her hands.
                She switched to 92 Compact in the 2nd movie

Matrix Reloaded, The - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database

Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss) carries a pair of Beretta 92FS Compact pistols as her sidearms in the film. She draws one and aims at Persephone (Monica Bellucci) when she desires to kiss Neo (Keanu Reeves). She later pulls one of them and fires it into one Twin's arm when he blocks open a door leading to a parking garage.

Comment

webley

Local shop has a really nice Webley .455 in the display case.......only 2 grand, way out of my league. But that;s what a hundred year old gun goes for. I did get to fondle it however, left a puddle of drool on the display case.
                  CADPIPE

Comment

The SA used revovlers (until the midthirties) and if I remember right some of them were Webleys, though most were us made (As far as I know there are no modern German revolvers, even though the concept was invented by Hans Stopler around 1600 iirc) .

Comment

Originally posted by cadpipe View Post
                      Local shop has a really nice Webley .455 in the display case.......only 2 grand, way out of my league. But that;s what a hundred year old gun goes for. I did get to fondle it however, left a puddle of drool on the display case.
                      I can't afford that.

So instead I'll try to get a FFL03 and buy Nagant revolvers for $80 a piece. They're almost as old. And for that price, I can afford a rig like what Brandon Fraser had in The Mummy.

Comment

Found one

Found a webley .455 in Ga, 599$, in good shape, debating, probably will pass, if anyone else is interested, it is at the Clyde armoury, they have a website, in Bogart Ga, I am sure they would send a pic if anyone is interested. I think I will save the money towards a truck vault. If I want a break top I can get a schofield replica and shoot .45 colt, easier ammo to get.
                        CADPIPE

Comment

I wish there's a Webley break top replica chambered in 38 special, and most important of all, affordable ($400).

I found out that Uberti or was it Pietta that makes a Schoffield break top replica chambered in 38 special...for $1000.

Comment

how did i not know this site existed!

Comment

Originally posted by Doomarias View Post
                              how did i not know this site existed!
                              That's why I'm here to inform you of these cool little things on the internet.

Comment

GN: Anyone ever shot one? Owned one? Still have one?

I have two.

Got interested in the things as a little kid when Adam Troy snuck around on his Schooner after a bad guy who boarded without permission on the old TV series Adventures in Paradise. Plus, just the way even modern Webleys look reeks of Sherlock Holmes & Victorian Britain.

One of mine is a (I suppose) WWII vintage in .38S&W. It's stamped "Wartime Finish" & man, is that butt-ugly. I got it, a box of ammo & a nice woven nylon zipper case for $125 because some trigger, sear or hammer component runs into something solid when the trigger is pulled with the hammer down, so you can't shoot it double action. Got it 6 yrs ago & haven't fixed it yet. It's very accurate as a single action, given the fixed sights. It would be a great weeds revolver but the .38S&W has some problems. First, you can't get commercially loaded rat-shot shells for it (or at least I haven't found any) & the cylinder looks too short for reloading with the currently available shot capsules. Camping by running water (where else?) in Alabama invites fun with the crotalidae, especially water mocassins which are gregarious, aggressive & grumpy. Shotshells just improve the quality of life under those circumstances. Second, the things aren't nearly equivalent to .38Spl. Muzzle velocity of a standard 148gr RNL (about the only thing to be found) is, no kidding, ~650fps. I can safely shoot any +P+ round in any of my Smiths, & depending on bullet weight, @ muzzle velocities significantly exceeding 1000. You can even get +P 180gr SWCs from Cabela. Haven't ordered or shot any yet, but those are supposed to be OK even for biggish feral pigs, an increasing opportunity here. However, it is a fun gun & has that Webley "look."

The other is a prize. Also a gun show discovery. It's heavily nickeled (don't much like that as a rule, but...) with a ~3.5" barrel, birdshead grips & checkered hard rubber grip slabs. Also, it's either converted from .455 to .45ACP or made that way originally, & uses half- or full-moon clips, although it naturally shoots autorims just fine without the clips. It's not as accurate as the .38 but it fits just fine in any of my K/L-frame holsters, it's a bowling ball launcher & you can get shotshells all day long. It looks even better than the .38.

Like them Webleys.

The Prof

Comment

Working...
                                X