No announcement yet.

The Fall Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm betting against the Yankees because they are the best team money can buy, which means they are getting by more on talent than heart. They more than likely will find a way to choke in big games.

Angels for some reason have had great success against the Yankees recently. At the same time Angels couldn't buy a run against Boston.

I was surprised the Dodgers won last night. They got to Carpenter early. Let's see if they can do that against Wainwright tonight.

Angels will be on too. And Fringe. I don't know what to watch...:(
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
      I'm betting against the Yankees because they are the best team money can buy, which means they are getting by more on talent than heart. They more than likely will find a way to choke in big games.

Angels for some reason have had great success against the Yankees recently. At the same time Angels couldn't buy a run against Boston.

I was surprised the Dodgers won last night. They got to Carpenter early. Let's see if they can do that against Wainwright tonight.

Angels will be on too. And Fringe. I don't know what to watch...:(
      True. Yankees and Red Sox do have an edge because they can just about sign anyone they want and not worry about the salary caps because they can afford it. But its all on heart, Yankees haven't won in the longest time. Maybe they'll win this year and then it'll be worth it all.

That's one thing that used to piss me off about the Toronto Maple Leafs, they could afford to go wayyyy over the luxury tax but refused to spend big bucks like the Rangers do to sign anyone they want. Ah well, within 5 years we'll have our cup.

Comment

OH MY GOD, I can't take this anymore.. That was TOO SERIOUS, TOO MUCH SUSPENSE!!!

What a 9th inning for the Dodgers... MATT HOLLIDAY WHAT ON EARTH YOU DOING!!!! THANK YOU THOUGH, Dodgers are going to wrap this one up baby

2 out, full count, just struck out ManRam, no one on bases, BOOM Matt Holliday misses the fly ball, thats it, bases became loaded and then 38 year old Loretta hits it in the field game over, Dodgers score

Comment

Haven't watched since the greedy fellows struck and missed the world Series add in roids in its just not worth the time.

Comment

Originally posted by BudW View Post
            Haven't watched since the greedy fellows struck and missed the world Series add in roids in its just not worth the time.
            Cry me a river bud

Comment

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
              OH MY GOD, I can't take this anymore.. That was TOO SERIOUS, TOO MUCH SUSPENSE!!!

What a 9th inning for the Dodgers... MATT HOLLIDAY WHAT ON EARTH YOU DOING!!!! THANK YOU THOUGH, Dodgers are going to wrap this one up baby

2 out, full count, just struck out ManRam, no one on bases, BOOM Matt Holliday misses the fly ball, thats it, bases became loaded and then 38 year old Loretta hits it in the field game over, Dodgers score
              I got in my car last night just in time to hear Vin Scully say "BELLIARD HITS A GROUNDER UP THE MIDDLE!!! The Dodgers have tied the game at 2-2 here in the bottom of the 9th!"

I have never heard Vin so excited before. I didn't even know the game started early. I thought it's the regular 7pm starting time. Glad I heard the most important plays of the series just in time.

And what a gem turned in by John Lackey of the Angels. Nearly 8 innings of shut out ball against the Sox.

Comment

Yes! My Dodgers move on and I can see A.R getting mad!! :P

Now its the Yankees' turn!

Comment

What is this? The curse of the 9th inning? Red Sox totally blew it. Gave up 3 or more runs in the 9th inning lol Both L.A teams made it, great.

Comment

Angels shut out the Sox Friday night in Anaheim. Across the country, Ducks gave the Bruins a drubbing in Boston.

Dodgers closed out the Cards in St. Louis on Saturday. The Kings edged out the Blues just across town.

Something we don't see often.

Comment

Is it time we start taking the Yankees seriously? They did beat a weak team, only time will tell. I did say at the beginning of the season, if ya'll recall, "if the Yankees don't win the championship this year, they will be called choke artists by me" and they are still in it! And then they signed Sabathia etc ;)

Comment

Now I'm truly worried about the Angels and the Dodgers. Angels have had good luck against Yankees over the past few seasons. Their luck will run out sometime. Dodgers got lucky in game 2 and pretty much played perfect ball to win. The Cards lost due to errors.

Comment

Phillies vs the Dodgers again, who takes it this time? I say Dodgers because they have Joe Torre and they definitely learned their lesson from last year. Great teams have to lose first to learn to win.

Comment

Dodgers in 5
                            Yankees in a surprising sweep

Yankees v. Dodgers World Series
                            You know JJ, Him could do it....

Comment

Originally posted by Rumrunner View Post
                              Dodgers in 5
                              Yankees in a surprising sweep

Yankees v. Dodgers World Series
                              That would be MLB's dream match up.

LA vs. NY; Torre vs. Steinbrenner; Dodgers vs. Yankees; west coast vs. east coast; #2 market vs. #1 market; think about the money!!!

Comment

^^ and itll have a nice polarizing effect in NY, since the Dodgers were and to many, still are, a Brooklyn team
                                You know JJ, Him could do it....

Comment

Working...
                                X