British Troops' Problems in Afghanistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diodetriode View Post
    Took you long enough to work that one out--didn't it!
    Clearly, you're not happy here. I will expedite your happiness then.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
      Clearly, you're not happy here. I will expedite your happiness then.
      As if we didn't all see that one coming.

What an assclown.
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by diodetriode View Post
        1/. No I don't!
        So why make a quote of Earl Greys comments and describe it as food for thought then?

2/. Suggest you look up Irony in a dictionary, or ask someone to help.
        I suggest that you stop assuming that anyone who is not English has an inferior comprehension of the English language to you :))
        3/. Lord Grey was not a colonial administrator.
        The Secretary of State for the Colonies or Colonial Secretary was the British Cabinet official in charge of managing the various British colonies.
        4/. As you brought up a flawed poll of 0.04% of Afghans, try reading it! Not that its got anything to do with the waste of young men's lives in a pointless war.

Given that this image was not taken from the poll I linked to but from an entirely separate one, I suggest you become more internet educated. Your lies are too easily countered.
        I can read---you can't write. But then, there is a well-known reason for woolly language in New Zealand.
        Gee, did you think that up all by yourself:))

Took you long enough to work that one out--didn't it!
        No actually it didn't. Of late I've been trying to develop a more complaisant approach to new members, allowing them time to settle and and display some indication that they have been touched by the light of reason. You have not.
        And you are an offensive Cameronian: a total Hoon.
        (You might have to look these nouns up!)
        lol: I wear such epithets with pride.
        Last edited by Parihaka; 03 Aug 09,, 06:18.
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Ouch, glad i'm not him.

So, to take the thread back to the original topic. Do any of you know when the Merlins go out to Afghanistan? That should help their helicopter problems shouldn't it?

Comment

They should be in Theatre by the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by StevoJH View Post
              ... Do any of you know when the Merlins go out to Afghanistan? That should help their helicopter problems shouldn't it?
              Did I hear somebody mentioning Merlin? Here's some info.

Extra Armour For Afghan Merlin Helicopters
              4 Aug [Sky] The Royal Air Force says urgent work is underway to improve armoured protection of Merlin helicopters destined for Afghanistan.

This comes despite reports crews are worried about flying them into battle against the Taliban.

The £45m current upgrade will include enhanced armour around the cockpit although the RAF says the work is routine and not in response to reported concerns by aircrew.

The work is being done as an Urgent Operational Requirement but it will still take a year to enhance the cockpit protection of all 28 aircraft.

However, six listed for Afghanistan will get it first and are scheduled to be ready by December for deployment to Kandahar. ....

Comment

Working...
              X