Russian Navy During the Civil War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
    AR, exactly what I wanted to say, except I'm not quite the expert and couldn't have put it the way you did. Even this bit had crossed my mind:

And you make it almost sound as if America had lost a wonderful opportunity to start immediately healing those North-South hard feelings. :)
    Nothing like a little furrin butt whoopin' to make amends!;)

And I really should read my stuff prior to posting! Too many errors!
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

I've read that the Spanish-American War really helped to bridge the divisions between North and South. I'm sure the next two wars also played a role as well.
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
        I've read that the Spanish-American War really helped to bridge the divisions between North and South. I'm sure the next two wars also played a role as well.
        You may recall the corny scene in the The Fighting 69th when the New York and Alabama boys are brigaded together and how they kiss and make up. Recall also that Fitz Lee and Joe Wheeler were US generals of volunteers in Cuba....with Wheeler saying of the Spanish "Let's go get those Yankee Sons A Bitches!"...while his son, a brand new graduate of West point at his side.
        Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
          Sir, can you expand on that?
          Drunken Irish ACW veteran regiments took on the best Canadian regiments during the Fenian Invasions of 1869-71 and b!tchslapped the Brits and Canadian militias.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
            Drunken Irish ACW veteran regiments took on the best Canadian regiments during the Fenian Invasions of 1869-71 and b!tchslapped the Brits and Canadian militias.

I was going to bring that up but I figured it would have been cross checking coupled with a slash across the back of the legs.

And they weren't ALL drunk, sir!
            Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X