This Guy Has Balls of Steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Guy Has Balls of Steel

I'd like the collective opinions of WABers on this one - especially the married men. personally I think this guy has BIG steel balls.

I work with a young guy - mid 20s. he is engaged & he & his fiance have been house hunting. A few weeks ago they bought a nice little place for under $A300,000 (a reasonable price). Today he let something slip - he bought the house without his finance ever having seen it or agreed to purchase it. They are committed, no turning back.

The whole room went silent. Stunned expressions were exchanged. Married & single, men & women alike. Then came the gasps of amazement and lengthy dissection of just how insane this was. I think most of us are still processing it.

Is this the bravest man in human history or just the dumbest?

Will he ever get back into credit on this one, or is she going to hold this over his head forever?

How many guys here think they would still have a pair after the missus heard the news?
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
    I'd like the collective opinions of WABers on this one - especially the married men. personally I think this guy has BIG steel balls.

I work with a young guy - mid 20s. he is engaged & he & his fiance have been house hunting. A few weeks ago they bought a nice little place for under $A300,000 (a reasonable price). Today he let something slip - he bought the house without his finance ever having seen it or agreed to purchase it. They are committed, no turning back.

The whole room went silent. Stunned expressions were exchanged. Married & single, men & women alike. Then came the gasps of amazement and lengthy dissection of just how insane this was. I think most of us are still processing it.

Is this the bravest man in human history or just the dumbest?

Will he ever get back into credit on this one, or is she going to hold this over his head forever?

How many guys here think they would still have a pair after the missus heard the news?
    I don't know about balls of steel, more like terminally stupid.
    Even were this house to be his partners dream home she will remind him unflatteringly of it constantly until his dying day.
    In the extremely unlikely event of them ever having children, their childrens children will still speak of it in hushed tones in quiet dusty corridors.
    His only hope is that when he's revealing the original idiocy he carefully plans something else so mind-bogglingly stupid that his original sin pales in comparison. It can't be in the realms of general dumbness but more akin to tying a poisonous snake around his neck thinking it was a tie or holding a hot iron to his ear while pretending it was a phone. Whatever it may be, it must involve him suffering extreme pain and landing up in hospital.
    Only this will suffice to distract her sufficiently and divert her attention.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Never bought a house but...

My wife asserts that I'll have 30 seconds to explain everything, and after that, if she is completely satisfied with bargain, I'll remain a living person. In any other case I'll be a lonely invalid living person.
      We're so bad, we're even bad at it

Comment

Stupidity, He left the door open for financial failure to walk through in a poor economy. One of the biggest parts of (engagement) marriage is learning to share and not hide things from either party that would greatly effect both. And that comes from someone who is not even married.;)
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Complete and utter stupidity. He left the door wide open to constant and continual remodelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
            Complete and utter stupidity. He left the door wide open to constant and continual remodelling.
            +1 He would ahve been far better off to let her do what he did, you don't commit some one else to a 20-30 year note sight unseen.

Comment

couple of questions???

[QUOTE]
              Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
              I work with a young guy - mid 20s. he is engaged & he & his fiance have been house hunting.
              So they where definitely planning on buying and in that price range?
              Today he let something slip - he bought the house without his finance ever having seen it or agreed to purchase it.
              So evidently he did not need her help in obtaining the financing so is the note in his name only or what?

I would, no problem. My wife trusts my judgement and I know what she likes. If I did it with her in mind then I would be fine and she would most likely be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

This all depends.......How big is the kitchen, would there be a room just for me and is the garage large enough that he could live in it?
                Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

The whole thing is that they were both looking at different houses together, and he bought this without her agreeing that this would be the one. He's in trouble for sure.

If they weren't house hunting and he surprised her with this, then he'd be what all girls want and what all guys wanna kill lol

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                    is the garage large enough that he could live in it?
                    Do you care? Or even if it had a garage at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                      This all depends.......How big is the kitchen, would there be a room just for me and is the garage large enough that he could live in it?
                      Our next house will have a huge garage(shop) I want at least a 60x80 minimum, and yes I WILL live in it! Happily!!:))

Comment

I used to be regularly put in the Garage by my Ex, it was bliss, should have moved in their from the start, far better than sleeping next to her!!!!!!

Comment

lolllll

Comment

So? What's was with the hush? Was he EF Hutton or someone?

It goes back to what I said a week or two ago in pet peeves. The world it seems operates on the absolute belief that all people will be joined in marriage, that all people will know all the conditions of what it means to be together ........... and it's just not that way for some of us.

Now, in relation to this guy, to me, it's not about balls of steel, it's not about living in the doghouse, it's not about how his wife will react to him.

It's about making a major commitment that others will be involved in without thinking or being concerned how much they will be involved. It's like those in an organization who decide and don't bother to tell anyone else which often results in an uncoordinated use of resources which results in the waste of resources. It is like a leader who commits the country to an unwise course of action because of his (or his party's) viewpoint.

But this stuff you talk about of balls of steel? What the blazes is that suppose to mean?

Comment

Let me guess.. the house is in a so-so condition, but there is a large, detached workshop with AC & heat, c/w a "Guy Room" with a ratty sofa, fridge, bar, and a plasma TV.

Brilliant, not stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X