Thread: Dauntless recovery

Dauntless recovery

'Pristine' WWII aircraft lifted from Lake Michigan | HonoluluAdvertiser.com | The Honolulu Advertiser

Wouldn't that be a thrill, recovering something like that? 300 feet is well below my diving depth. Definetly some mixed gases for that.

Still, I find most search and recovery jobs a RUSH....even if some do take several dives to find the bloody thing.

Dirty Kiwi Senior Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
    'Pristine' WWII aircraft lifted from Lake Michigan | HonoluluAdvertiser.com | The Honolulu Advertiser

Wouldn't that be a thrill, recovering something like that? 300 feet is well below my diving depth. Definetly some mixed gases for that.

Still, I find most search and recovery jobs a RUSH....even if some do take several dives to find the bloody thing.

Gottfried Leibniz

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Plenty more where that came from. Lake Michigan has dozens -at least- of WWII aircraft sitting on the bottom.

Courtesy of the only coal-fired paddle-wheel freshwater aircraft carriers that ever served the US Navy!
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Defense Professional Dreadnought's Avatar

Defense Professional Dreadnought's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHatter View Post
    Plenty more where that came from. Lake Michigan has dozens -at least- of WWII aircraft sitting on the bottom.

Courtesy of the only coal-fired paddle-wheel freshwater aircraft carriers that ever served the US Navy!
    Colder the waters the better for WWII planes,tanks and wrecks. No better place then the Atlantic or the Great Lakes to shop.
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Colder the waters the better for WWII planes,tanks and wrecks. No better place then the Atlantic or the Great Lakes to shop.
    Cold and fresh!
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Thread Information