www.bing.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• www.bing.com

I'm sure people have seen the commercials. It's a new search engine, Microsoft's answer to google and MSN replacement per se.

I like it. When you search (say Iran) it will pull up a few major Iran links, such as the wikipedia entry (all search engines find any wiki entry and list it at the top it seems). But it also will lump things into categories. Starts with news on Iran, and general info, then below that it finds maps of Iran, history of Iran specific sites, culture of Iran, government, etc. This is a nice progression to searching. While you can sort through it with google and pick what you want, to have it separated will help some people.

I made it my homepage. Gonna use it for a while. I don't know if it finds quite as much as google, but it's found whatever I've needed so far. The categorized searching is great too.

Give it a shot. I'm digging it.

I've always used MSN, despite how inferior it was compared to Google.

This website seems to like Bing:

Five Reasons Why Microsoft?s BING Outshines Google ? Geeks.com
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

tried few days ago, it sucks. It looks pretty, but can't find jack.
      “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

not good enough to switch.

First Live, now Bing. then we keep hearing about the Yahoo Microsoft deal.

Don't know why MS is creating this brand confusion
        "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
          not good enough to switch.

First Live, now Bing. then we keep hearing about the Yahoo Microsoft deal.

Don't know why MS is creating this brand confusion
          So they can better "strategize user-centric infomediaries" to "harness innovative content."

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
            So they can better "strategize user-centric infomediaries" to "harness innovative content."

Quite possibly someone at MS forgot the basic rule of marketing communication- "don't fall for your own spiel"

Q: what has search overload done to us
            a: Brought us more useless search engines to try out

You know what's strange though? I could have sworn that I saw a reply from you on that pet peeves thread with some plainspeak marked in red against each "business phrase". But just as I was about to reply, it vanished
            "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
              Quite possibly someone at MS forgot the basic rule of marketing communication- "don't fall for your own spiel"

Q: what has search overload done to us
              a: Brought us more useless search engines to try out

You know what's strange though? I could have sworn that I saw a reply from you on that pet peeves thread with some plainspeak marked in red against each "business phrase". But just as I was about to reply, it vanished
              I think your eyes are playing tricks on you. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                I think your eyes are playing tricks on you. ;)
                No,seriously.
                I saw comments like "Git 'er done" and "we sell stuff" and then when I tried to reply that whole post vanished

Comment

Working...
                X