Stephen Colbert in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Colbert in Iraq

Anybody see him? Very ballsy to broadcast a USO show to his primary audience back home. As a junior enlisted soldier with a BS who spent many a night enjoying "The Daily Show" back in college, I think it's awesome. Love his humor, and love that he was able to joke about "Don't ask, don't tell" and sandstorms and get laughs for both.

Daily Show/Colbert report is US's WMD in Soft Power. I was impressed by how many US presidents showed up during his last few shows. (Obama teleprompted in during first Iraq show)
    Last edited by xinhui; 15 Jun 09,, 05:31.
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

The Colbert Report Full Episode | Tuesday Jun 9 2009 | Comedy Central

There's the link. "If I'm gay, do I have to do this?"

Comment

I enjoyed watching the shows from Iraq. The troops seemed to get into it as well.

Comment

Colbert is an entertainer, I really think he's had a USO show or two under his belt before this one... I have no citations, other than my faulty memory...

Comment

Colbert is the man! This makes him even more so.
            "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

haw, how many people get the honor of having their head shaved by a four star?

edit: talk about alliteration.
              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                haw, how many people get the honor of having their head shaved by a four star?

edit: talk about alliteration.
                why did he got his hair shaved, I haven't watched his show for a while?

Comment

Working...
                X