UK blocks India’s UN move on Azhar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
    You're greatly mistaken my friend. The AQ/Taliban hand in the Indian airlines hijacking a decade ago blew that theory to bits. The greatest connection of them all, Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh, the man responsible for the murder of Daniel Pearl. The Indian airlines hijacking was used by the terrorists to free this monkey, along with Masood Azhar and Mushtaq Ahmed. So your theory that AQ hasn't targeted India is somewhat flawed. AQ/Taliban/LeT/ISI/HuJI/JuD all share the same bed.

As for the UK, well, I don't know why its so surprising. They've only done what they've been doing since 47, nothing different. ;) The ISI was a British advent. The PAF was a British re-advent, and heck, Pakistan was a British advent! A little bit of inductive reasoning on British action in SA, and you can pretty much read the overall British South Asian policy.
    The only thing that I am not clear about is the men behind the scenes. Was it Sir Humphrey or was it Jim Hacker?
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

British support or no British support...
      These ba$tards that our forces arrested while spewing much blood and later freed by our "angelic" politicians will kill many more men, women and kids before political correctness wakes up. Its like trying to dry up your house, while some scumbags keep throwing in water from a tap outside. Untill and unless you move out and break that tap and thrash these buggers into pulp....nothing is going to work seriously.
      sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Originally posted by great one View Post
        Milliband is useless and here in the UK many people dont like him. The current labour government will probably be voted out in the next general election.
        Wont make any difference. Remember it was Labour who ended the British rule in India.

The creation of Pakistan has always been in light on Cold war.It was meant to be a western outpost in Asia and it is one.
        Look around Pakistan.How many nations can be termed "friendly" with western nations?
        Pakistan has served well for the western nations.It has been a wonderful mercenary.

Have a look in the history of funding from Britian to the terror groups fighting in Kashmir and previously Punjab or even LTTE.

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
          You're greatly mistaken my friend. The AQ/Taliban hand in the Indian airlines hijacking a decade ago blew that theory to bits. The greatest connection of them all, Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh, the man responsible for the murder of Daniel Pearl. The Indian airlines hijacking was used by the terrorists to free this monkey, along with Masood Azhar and Mushtaq Ahmed. So your theory that AQ hasn't targeted India is somewhat flawed. AQ/Taliban/LeT/ISI/HuJI/JuD all share the same bed.
          Exactly.AQ "hand" or AQ "link". No direct involvement in India...ever. The group responsible was Harkat-ul-Mujahideen, a Pakistan-based terrorist group. The Taliban supported them. My statement earlier was that if Al Qaeda decide to target us, and I mean really target us, it's going to make life a hell of a lot more difficult. India's intelligence is a joke and our planning isn't much better.

Originally posted by Deltacamelately View Post
          Untill and unless you move out and break that tap and thrash these buggers into pulp....nothing is going to work seriously.
          How would you do that ? Short of readying the nukes ofc..

Originally posted by n21 View Post
          The creation of Pakistan has always been in light on Cold war.It was meant to be a western outpost in Asia and it is one.
          Look around Pakistan.How many nations can be termed "friendly" with western nations?
          Pakistan has served well for the western nations.It has been a wonderful mercenary.
          Uh...no. Pakistan was not created to be an outpost in the cold war. It begged America for an alliance very shortly after independence, but they did not oblige. Their 'special arrangement' was made later on.
          After 1953, Iran was a friend to the US for over two decades.

Comment

Originally posted by axeman View Post
            How would you do that ? Short of readying the nukes ofc..
            Axeman,

How we do that is upto us, infact we actually train for that.
            When we do that is the real question...
            And the answer unfortunately lies with the politicos.

Comment

Exactly.AQ "hand" or AQ "link". No direct involvement in India...ever. The group responsible was Harkat-ul-Mujahideen, a Pakistan-based terrorist group. The Taliban supported them. My statement earlier was that if Al Qaeda decide to target us, and I mean really target us, it's going to make life a hell of a lot more difficult. India's intelligence is a joke and our planning isn't much better.
              You'd be surprised. Your best intelligence asset when it comes to a terror attack is not some mole in ISI but your beat cop. Get to know your local cop. You'd be surprised at the level of detail they know. They know who's staying in your house, when and for how long. They talk to the chaiwallah, your neighbourhood barber and your watchman. That is what intelligence effectively boils down to.

Be glad for the men that stand between you and the terrorist. But for them there would be a helluva lot of more attacks. Are you inclined to think that any other half way free society can stop terrorists any better when they're infiltrating over a porous border(due to rough terrain) supported by a regular army having been trained and armed by the same army?
              "Of all the manifestations of power, restraint impresses men the most." - Thucydides

Comment

Uh...no. Pakistan was not created to be an outpost in the cold war. It begged America for an alliance very shortly after independence, but they did not oblige. Their 'special arrangement' was made later on.
                After 1953, Iran was a friend to the US for over two decades.
                Not US. UK
                UK had bigger rivalry with Russia than US. US only came post Cold War.

You may want to read some of the comments of British politicans during the time of Pakistan's creation.

Comment

Time to wake up and smell the coffee:
                  1. Kashmir
                  2. the North East
                  3. Khalistani groups
                  4. Parliament attack
                  5. Mumbai train bombings 2006
                  6. 26/11

What else does it take to make it hell? Meanwhile, if countries do not share intelligence amongst themselves and take steps to deny terrorists the convenience they enjoy (money laundering channels, for e.g) then we will be at a loss.
                  "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Exactly.AQ "hand" or AQ "link". No direct involvement in India...ever. The group responsible was Harkat-ul-Mujahideen, a Pakistan-based terrorist group. The Taliban supported them.
                    And the mere fact that a HuM/HuJI operative, Omar Saaed, was also an AQ man goes to show you further the fact that they are all one and alike.

My statement earlier was that if Al Qaeda decide to target us, and I mean really target us, it's going to make life a hell of a lot more difficult. India's intelligence is a joke and our planning isn't much better.
                    At present, LeT is much more powerful than AQ. AQ is a threat for the West because it has funding and the global reach. Otherwise, it does not have the capacity to open so many fronts. When it comes to India, it does not matter if it is AQ or its LeT front which carries out the attacks; the 26/11 commando style attacks carried out by the LeT, were by far, one of the most sophisticated attacks carried out by a terror organization.

Secondly, You do a great disservice to our intelligence. You overlook the fact that only the failures of the intelligence agencies come into full view when they tragically happen; but all of their successes till date have all gone unsung. That is the nature of intelligence agencies.
                    Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                    -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

It is not just our British friends,looks like the leaders of free world have no issues with "some terrorism" in other countries,specially when it has a billion bodies to spare!

I wonder if US could have also said OBL is a Saudi internal matter?

Islamabad (PTI) US Special Envoy for Pakistan and Afghanistan Richard Holbrooke on Wednesday said the Obama administration is "disturbed" by the release of JuD chief Hafiz Mohammed Saeed but, in a reversal of that stand, later commented that it was "Pakistan's internal issue."

Mr. Holbrooke, who arrived here on Wednesday, expressed reservations over the release of Saeed, who is allegedly linked to the Mumbai terror attacks.

"His release has disturbed us all," he told Geo News channel. Mr. Holbrooke said he would take up the matter of Saeed's release with the Pakistan government.

But, the US envoy reversed his stand hours later at a joint press conference with Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi, saying it was Islamabad's "internal issue."

"I don't want to comment on the issue at this press conference. It is Pakistan's internal issue. That's all I can say," he said, when asked to comment on the Saeed's release.

The Lahore High Court on Tuesday accepted Saeed's petition challenging his detention in the wake of the Mumbai terror attacks and ordered his immediate release.

Comment

British support or no British support...
                        These ba$tards that our forces arrested while spewing much blood and later freed by our "angelic" politicians will kill many more men, women and kids before political correctness wakes up. Its like trying to dry up your house, while some scumbags keep throwing in water from a tap outside. Untill and unless you move out and break that tap and thrash these buggers into pulp....nothing is going to work seriously.
                        Which is basicaly what i said in a different thread Mjr , but we are rowing the boat the same way ref these (how can i describe them ) low life pieces of excretia .;)

Comment

Tankie,

I wonder why we are expected to catch these swines alive, only to be later freed by the politicos. Blood boils thinking back about those gallant young men who lay down their life catching these ba$tards. This bugger will plan more attacks, behead more men, bomb more women and children before he copulates with those 72 virgins up his a$$hole.

Comment

Tankie,

I wonder why we are expected to catch these swines alive, only to be later freed by the politicos. Blood boils thinking back about those gallant young men who lay down their life catching these ba$tards. This bugger will plan more attacks, behead more men, bomb more women and children before he copulates with those 72 virgins up his a$$hole.
                            Because we are bound by rules Mjr ,they arent , its about time we played by their rules , which i have stated in other posts ,

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                              Because we are bound by rules Mjr ,they arent , its about time we played by their rules , which i have stated in other posts ,
                              I absolutely agree with this idea. If we need to fight terrorists, we need to play by their rules and not expect them to play by our rules. We need to terrorize these terrorists. Its an age old game but unfortunately none of our politicos or our people have the will to adopt these techniques.

Comment

I disagree. We got more than enough legal ways to make life miserable for these freaks without resorting to their barbarity. Lifetime solitaire confinement is one of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X