iMac Rocks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iMac Rocks!

Just got my 24" iMac, and it friggin' rocks!
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Welcome to the light side Jedi.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
      Welcome to the light side Jedi.
      It's going to take a bit to relearn some stuff, but with a fleet of iPods, I figured it was time to make the jump.
      "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Originally posted by Shek View Post
        It's going to take a bit to relearn some stuff, but with a fleet of iPods, I figured it was time to make the jump.
        The biggest mistake I've made in learning Macs and associated software is to look for complexity that isn't there.
        Because I move between the two OS's often, I tend to carry the microsoft 'nothing is easy, everything requires 20 stages' to the MAC's 'one-click' origins.
        The simple answer is the one the Mac programmers invariably use.
        Also, be aware that because they aren't big and flashing, doesn't mean they aren't buttons. Look carefully at all the boxes on each of the windows that open.

Leibniz

Comment

Congratulations on your new toy/tool. Sit back and enjoy the ride.
          Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

sad to see another fall

Comment

Originally posted by Shek View Post
              Just got my 24" iMac, and it friggin' rocks!
              Congratulations, Sir! What is the configuration?

Comment

Originally posted by indus creed View Post
                Congratulations, Sir! What is the configuration?
                It's the base 24" iMac model - 2.66 GHz processor, 640GB HD, 4GB RAM. I've got Parallels w/XP installed so that way I can run some of my Windows specific software still as we make the transition and in case the wife has a hard time making the change.

Comment

I haven't used an Apple since the '80s, we're talking Apple II+ and Laser 128, ancient machines. Never got on the Mac bandwagon. Mostly I feel like this guy: One thing PC users can do that Mac users can't... :))

Comment

Originally posted by Herodotus View Post
                    I haven't used an Apple since the '80s, we're talking Apple II+ and Laser 128, ancient machines. Never got on the Mac bandwagon. Mostly I feel like this guy: One thing PC users can do that Mac users can't... :))
                    Thanks! That was hilarious. :))
                    "Of all the manifestations of power, restraint impresses men the most." - Thucydides

Comment

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                      X