How do you think Humans came to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you think Humans came to be?

Hear are the three theories, I will just post a link to Wiki for all three so if you are confused, you can read up on the theories.

Out of Africa
    Multiregional origin
    Intelligent Design (scientific creationism)
    Out of Africa theory
    66.67%
    Multiregional origin theory
    21.67%
    Intelligent design (scientific creationism)
    11.67%

Hmmm the unanswerable Q ,the modern theory is out of africa ,the one that gets me is the Adam n Eve thing which i just cant believe , some people think that with the amount of different cultures ,colours and creeds ,pigmies to giants etc etc , that there must be a different answer , if we were seeded here from other alien life ,the Q then is , where did they come from in the beginning , but at the mo , i will settle for Africa ,;)
    Last edited by tankie; 27 May 09,, 18:53.

Comment

I picked "out of Africa" theory so I can tell people I'm an African American.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

The Africa scenario is where the evidence points and it has yet to be refuted, in my opinion.

The multiregional scenario requires a degree of multisourced, similar pinpoint events, and that's not something I'm will to change my mind about without some serious evidence.

Intelligent Design isn't science, so it's not in the same ballpark as those other two.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
          Intelligent Design isn't science, so it's not in the same ballpark as those other two.

-dale
          I know, but some people seriously do believe in Creationism. Why, is beyond me, but who am I to judge.

Comment

God created Adam and Eve.

Comment

BSG, last episode
              "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Canmoore View Post
                I know, but some people seriously do believe in Creationism. Why, is beyond me, but who am I to judge.
                I know people who truly believe evolution is a load of crap.

Then again I also know people who truly believe we are the cause of global warming.

Those who don't believe in evolution also doubt man-made global warming.

Those who believe in man-made global warming truly believe in evolution.

I don't know what to believe in and I don't really have a point. :P

Comment

As being both a religious person (was a Sunday School teacher for a while) and with a scientific/engineering mind, Evolution and Creation are actually related to each other.

I believe we became created through evolution that followed God's own rules of nature. As to how closely related we are with the great Apes just shows the fragile link between Cro-Magnon (us) and them.

But I'm also curious as to where Cro-Magnon came from. When I was in elementary school, they were supposedly a descendant of Neanderthal. Now, through DNA testing with what live Neanderthal DNA we could extract, shows no connection at all.

This reinforces Von Danegan's theory of Ancient Astronauts in that Cro-Magnon was possibly descendants of aliens who crash landed on Earth. After their source of technology (let's say, for the fun of it, the Flying Saucer they crash landed in) rusted away in some jungle, desert, mountain top or whatever, they had to resort to survival in its very basic forms.

It's a wild idea, but very plausible as that is what our Star Trekkers of the future may have to face. Hope they all have taken the Air Force survival course.

But if we are not descendants of an extra-terristrial race, a DNA alteration between a couple of other pre-humans created us, but within God's own rules of nature.

Whether Adam and Eve are the real names of the first two modern humans is not important as the Bible's description of history is often in generalities than written historical records. For example; Creating the Heavens and the Earth on "One Day" does not necessarily mean within 24 hours. The "Day" was an era over billions of years. The "Day" when all living things were created was a passage of time of millions of years.

So, in a way, Creationism and Evolution are part of one another.

Oh, on a side note: I absolutely do not believe Noah rescued Lions, Tigers, Rattlesnakes, spiders, Giraffes, etc. as shown in many illustrations. He only rescued the domestic animals needed to start community life over again after the waters receded. And the "Two by Two" does NOT mean "Two" donkeys and "Two" goats that were male and female. That would lead to inbreeding which would do more harm than good. He took "Two PAIRS" of each necessary animal.

Come to think of it, I'm glad he rescued dogs but why the fleas?"
                  Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

In the bible, god did not create the animals at the same time. He created fish first and then land animals and lastly humans on the 6th day.

What if the process of god introducing the animals to this earth is observed by us in the form of evolution?

Didn't the bible say god rested on the 7th day? Maybe we are still in the 7th day, that's why we don't see god walking around. He's on break.

God created fleas. Fleas hitched a ride on Noah's dogs in the ark.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
                      God created Adam and Eve.
                      And nature created the rest of us.
                      Last edited by Parihaka; 28 May 09,, 01:12.
                      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

The Out of Africa theory is most likely, according to the latest mitochondrial DNA studies, but I agree, it is almost too tidy. Who knows? We like to think we have science knocked and know a lot, but it wasn't too long ago that science teachers were telling their classes "It is a scientific fact that aether exists between the stars, to allow light to propagate." or "Phrenology proves white europeans are superior to other, more primitive 'men'. "

I have a goofy, personal theory in my attempt to resolve my Biblical notions with science.

A Creator set everything in motion, with natural laws that ensured, ultimately, the evolution of the human species. Patiently waiting and watching, at a certain point, He decided that "Yes indeed, Man is no longer an animal. He creates tools, art, and yearns for an understanding outside himself. He is seeking Me." At that point, mankind was given a soul, with Adam and Eve allegorically representing this transition. Prior to that, animals. Afterwards, born/created "In His own image".

It works OK for me. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by omon View Post
                          BSG, last episode
                          I'm going with this or we were seeded here by Aliens.;)

You really need an "other" choice on the poll, or at least "BSG/Aliens"

Comment

Why is a magic story a option in this?

Comment

Originally posted by kuku View Post
                              Why is a magic story a option in this?
                              Hey don't call evolution "magic."

Comment

Working...
                              X