• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont care.

Comment

Originally posted by Shey Tapani View Post
      I dont care.
      Really? Where humans came from, and how we got to where we are has always facinated me.

Comment

Wasn't there a study that traced mitocondrial DNA back to a woman living in Africa however many thousands of years ago??

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bear View Post
          Wasn't there a study that traced mitocondrial DNA back to a woman living in Africa however many thousands of years ago??
          Eve, considered mitrochondrially the maternal most common recent ancestor of modern humans IIRC.
          When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Canmoore View Post
            Really? Where humans came from, and how we got to where we are has always facinated me.
            Fascinates me also, but I don't care either ;)

Its like climate change or Theory of Everything to me, interesting to read about, but beyond that I ll leave it to the scientists.
            When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

I'll back anything that will help keep 'Creation Science' out of Schools.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Canmoore View Post
                For me its like humanity exists and it has certain characteristics and thats it. I dont care about the very beginning. I care about history but not the very beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
                  Intelligent Design isn't science, so it's not in the same ballpark as those other two.

-dale
                  Exactly how did a weak hairless ape with poor senses, small litters, and young that are not able to fend for themselves for the lifetime of most predators come to be the dominant species and develop concepts that have nothing to do with survival? Did we catch breaks at exactly the right time every time? Why didn't other species with similar advantageous skill sets emerge? Whatever your personally theory is, you have to take a leap of faith because the calculators say we should have been very much extinct during the hunter-gather days.
                  F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BenRoethig View Post
                    Exactly how did a weak hairless ape with poor senses, small litters, and young that are not able to fend for themselves for the lifetime of most predators come to be the dominant species and develop concepts that have nothing to do with survival? Did we catch breaks at exactly the right time every time? Why didn't other species with similar advantageous skill sets emerge? Whatever your personally theory is, you have to take a leap of faith because the calculators say we should have been very much extinct during the hunter-gather days.
                    Because long ago man was a more violent animal that one can imagine today. Imagine a world without law and order, only the strongest survive, take what you can get, get what you can take. In todays orderly techno-oriented, politically correct world, people can't imagine the time that if I wanted something you had and you resisted me taking it, it was a simple matter of who could kill who. Winner take all. No dialing 911, simple kill or be killed.

What spawned so called civilization, was when a bunch of those ape-men decided that if they work together and gang up on the loners or the smaller groups, they extended thier life expectancy and all they had to do was share the spoils.

Much like today, but on a larger scale and much more complicated to make it seem like it is nothing as barbaric as hundreds of thousands of years ago.

We've come a long way, or have we?

Comment

I never saw this response back in July, so sorry.

My tangential response to your question above is to ask you if you're aware that you've really dropped all pretense at scientific exploration here and gone right to plain old Creationism.

Science doesn't provide solid answers to the question "why?" And your challenge above is poorly-constructed anyway. There is no indication that early hominids were either weak or deficient in senses. In fact our good vision has long been thought to be a primary, if not the primary adaptive trait that pushed the devlopment of our main adaptive Royal Flush - the brain.

So did we catch breaks as a species? Almost certainly. But we had the traits to allow us to take advantage of those breaks, and so voila!

-dale

Comment

Think of us as lotto winners. Many species participated. We won. God didn't have a plan for us just like he didn't plan for so-and-so to win the Power Ball last month. All will participate and only one will win. Remember, dinosaurs won continuously for 150 million years. We only had less than 4 million years. We could easily be wiped out when something weird happens. Then another species would have "won" after we depart.
                        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Christ on a bike!

Look at the size of the cosmos - There must be billions of planets with life like ours on them.

Billions.

We will never meet each other. The cosmos is just too big.

Billions of planet earths (who knows what those inhabitants look like?)

We will never meet or know about them - The whole thing is just too BIG.

Have a nice life.
                          sigpic

Comment

So, your pure hatred of religion has you both completely walled off to any explanation other than a 50 trillion to 1 long shot.
                            F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

So, your pure hatred of religion has you both completely walled off to any explanation other than a 50 trillion to 1 long shot.
                              You really dont understand do you. 50 Trillion to 1 is nothing. nothing.

C'mon then lets talk about god.

what do you mean by 'pure hatred of religion' ?

You - Me - Lets talk about religion.

Now.
                              sigpic

Comment

BENNY BOY! BENNY BOY! PRAISE THE LORD!

Moan then!!

Lets hear a serious case for your beliefs against people who your head deems 'haters of religion'

Lets go.........
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X