A Pakistani view of U.S. nuclear weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nebula82 View Post
    The country is headed for destabilisation because the people there are in complete denial about what's going on, IMO.

That’s the way I see it.

Nebula82.
    Is it the people or the government who are in denial? IMO, those in leadership positions in Pak want to "have their cake and eat it, too", as the saying goes. They want to show the world that they are "fighting terrorism" ang get the monetary aid that comes with that stance, but at the same time, as nebula said, they don't want to alienate certain sectors of their population. The Pak government must undertake an extremely delicate balancing act with little hope of success either way.
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by nebula82 View Post
      Because in some parts of Pakistan there are people who approve the brand of Islam the terrorists promote.

Furthermore the terrorists (such as the local Taliban) are well-funded and have leadership. That’s not something you can say of the Pakistani government and Army.

The Pakistan government, such as it is now, is simply incapable of defeating the Islamic terrorists & it's not a matter of trying harder because they can't.

The country is headed for destabilisation because the people there are in complete denial about what's going on, IMO.

That’s the way I see it.

Nebula82.
      Not sure about the Government, but I do not think that applies for the PA. I think the PA will fight when it wants to fight, even now they seem to be spending money on acquiring nuclear capabilities rather than COIN capabilities. As per the monitvation level of the rank and file in fighting against their religious brethren, wouldn't know for sure.
      "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Working...
      X