"When is that woman going die?" -Michael Schiavo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "When is that woman going die?" -Michael Schiavo

The estranged husband -- who is living with another woman with whom he has two children -- "wants her to die; he doesn't want the truth to be known," said Carla Sauer Iyer in an interview this morning on the Fox News Channel program "Fox and Friends."
    Attached Files

I seen that. Ya know, it amazes me how the husband should have any grounds to petition the court for her death. I mean, should he have any say in her welfare when he's been committing adultery against her for the last 7 years?

Comment

technical question: could he divorce her while she is in whatever state she's in?

one assumes that because he's her hubby as well as her legal guardian he couldn't sign her divorce papers.

if he was able to divorce her would her parents become her guardians, or would it stay with the ex-hubby as is the case - i think - in the UK?

confusing case, no one seems to have a good word to say about anyone else and most appear to be using the case for their own political ends. not attractive.
      before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.................... then when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthome
        he doesn't want the truth to be known
        What "truth"?
        Originally posted by Julie
        I seen that. Ya know, it amazes me how the husband should have any grounds to petition the court for her death. I mean, should he have any say in her welfare when he's been committing adultery against her for the last 7 years?
        She's been in this state for over a decade, he's moved on. It's not something I could do, but I do understand his position.
        Originally posted by dave angel
        technical question: could he divorce her while she is in whatever state she's in?
        Yes he could.
        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

We should all remember that they(husband,friends,and family) have been dealing with this tragedy for 15 years. It is hard to imagine the stress these people have endured for so long of a time. It would not be uncommon for a person to become a stark raving lunatic under those circumstances.
          Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Hmmm what a bad bad man. After a decade caring for his wife which has no higher brainfuctions left, after 1 million dollar spend on a med bills and lawyers he decided to move on and look for happieness with another women.... bad bad husband. (By the way when did you buy flowers last tiem for your wife, have taken her on a 2nd honeymonn voyage around the world ?).

I don´t get it : How many court decisons for 9:0 in his favor? All the courts affirm that his wife wouldn´t have wanted to live in this conditon and there is NO hope of recovery: But she has to live. and the courts can´t be trusted (23 judges It hink have come to the same conclusion). Still the parents are right. Hello are you married? Do you want that the parents of your wife step into your family life? By the way The women had been bulimical when she was a young girl... Hmm, yeah sure thing had to be the husband fault although.

On the other hand: Death row, taking away med care., taking away money from development/medical projects in the third world starting gwars for the higher good(or GOD) of all ( 100.000+ dead people in Iraq alone) etc and it doesn´t seems strange to you?

How about the 6 month old baby which was cut of "life prolonging maeasures in TEXAS some weeks against the will of its mother " because she was poor and couldn´t effort the medical costs anymore? Wasn´t this at least a much more worthwhile cause?

Comment

Originally posted by dave angel

one assumes that because he's her hubby as well as her legal guardian he couldn't sign her divorce papers.

if he was able to divorce her would her parents become her guardians, or would it stay with the ex-hubby as is the case - i think - in the UK?

confusing case, no one seems to have a good word to say about anyone else and most appear to be using the case for their own political ends. not attractive.
              Not sure, but Scott Peterson could have divoriced his wife!

Comment

diese Frau ist wertlos. bringen Sie sie in einem Lager.

Comment

Is "wertlos" (useless) a proper word for dying women?

Comment

THe simple undeniable fact is that the part of the brain that makes a person a person is irretrevibly GONE, DEAD, ATROPHIED TO ZERO! Terri died years ago. The part that is left isn't human, it just looks that way.
                    sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

There is a lot of controversy surrounding this case, and the legislatures intervention in it is a prime example of how the religious right (Bush, Ashcroft, Tom Delay) wants to dominate the private affairs of individuals. The law says that the spouse of an individual has the right to act as the executor in the abscence of an advanced directive. The religious right is just using their majority power to translate their religious views into law.

There are also a lot of misconceptions surrounding this case. Terry Schiavo is not in a coma, she is in a persistant vegetative state. Parts of her brain have undergone liquefactive necrosis, and are now proteinacous goo. The rest of it is non funcitonal. She can breath because breathing is controlled by the brain stem, not the brain itself. Contrary to what her parents say, there is absolutely zero chance of recovery. Terry's parents think that she can recover, and think that she responds to them, but these are just autonomic responses. If Terry did not have a living attorney, a judge would appoint one, and I without a doubt, her feeding tube would have been removed. Discontinuing feeding is not euthanasia, it is letting nature take its course.

Terry's husband actually is acting in her best interests to discontinue treatment. The issue isn't about money, because someone offered him a million dollars to hand over his status of power of attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by barrowaj
                        and the legislatures intervention in it is a prime example of how the religious right (Bush, Ashcroft, Tom Delay) wants to dominate the private affairs of individuals.
                        Not really, they were intervening on behalf of the parents. If it were otherwise, they would be passing legislation concerning the other 1000 incidents like this that occur every year in the USA...
                        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by barrowaj
                          someone offered him a million dollars to hand over his status of power of attorney.
                          11.7 million is the high offer so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                            Not really, they were intervening on behalf of the parents. If it were otherwise, they would be passing legislation concerning the other 1000 incidents like this that occur every year in the USA...
                            I'm not sure what you mean by the 2nd sentence, but my point is that if it were the other way around, with the parents wanting to withdraw treatment, then there wouldn't even be an issue made about this. So the way I see it its just the fact that the parents wishes coincide with the beliefs of the religious right that they are pushing for their will.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie
                              He is an idiot.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                              X