Thread: The Accidental Guerilla

Staff Emeritus
    Military Professional

The Accidental Guerilla

I've waded into David Kilcullen's book, Amazon.com: The Accidental Guerrilla: Fighting Small Wars in the Midst of a Big One: David Kilcullen: Books, today. I'm only 2/3rds of the way through it now, but it's thick with great information and insights. For those of you who are frequent Small Wars Journal readers, some of the material will be very familiar - his chapter on Afghanistan uses the Kunar road as the case study for political maneuver and his chapter on Iraq uses the revolt of the tribes as the case study. While it's not as straight forward as Galula, he does a great job of linking the tactical level to the operational and strategic levels.
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by Shek View Post
    I've waded into David Kilcullen's book, Amazon.com: The Accidental Guerrilla: Fighting Small Wars in the Midst of a Big One: David Kilcullen: Books, today. I'm only 2/3rds of the way through it now, but it's thick with great information and insights. For those of you who are frequent Small Wars Journal readers, some of the material will be very familiar - his chapter on Afghanistan uses the Kunar road as the case study for political maneuver and his chapter on Iraq uses the revolt of the tribes as the case study. While it's not as straight forward as Galula, he does a great job of linking the tactical level to the operational and strategic levels.
    I ordered this book from the library and received it. However I yet to read it, although it does look very good.

Thread Information