X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putin May Come Back

Putin is pondering a come back.

Vladimir Putin signals he is pondering a presidential comeback in 2012

10 May [Guardian] Russia's prime minister, Vladimir Putin, tonight gave his strongest hint yet that he is pondering a comeback that would see him return to the Kremlin as president in 2012.

Putin said there was no decision yet on whether he or his close ally Dmitry Medevedev, the current president, would run for office when Medvedev's four-year-stint in the job expires.

"Depending on the effectiveness of our work, President Medvedev and I will take decisions about what to do in the future, he and I," Putin said in an interview with the Japanese media.

He added: "I have very good relations with President Medevedev. Each one of us does our work. We each have our niches. But of course at this level, questions frequently arise that cross over."

Medvedev took over as Russia's leader last May. But exactly a year after he was sworn in most ordinary Russians – as well analysts and Moscow's western partners – believe that Putin remains the most important figure in Russian politics. ...

Last year Medvedev extended the presidential term from four to six years – fuelling speculation that Putin was already plotting a comeback. Putin served eight years as president from 2000-2008, before taking up his current job. ...

All I can say - it is very possible unless his government will do some really grave mistakes and will be fired, then it is much more dicey
    "We Shall Never Surrender" Winston Churchill

Comment

Why does this suprise anyone? I was telling anybody with ears to listen with that he was taking a term off to satisfy Russian constitutional requirements and then coming back. He has a plan for Russia and he isnt going to rest till he sees it come to fruition. Im sure Medvedev understands that he is there for one term and then he needs to step down, it will be no shock to him at all.

I saw a quote in a news magazine that perfectly described Putin in regards to the Bush administration at the time (and im hoping BO does a better job). 'Where playing Checkers while he plays Chess'.
      The best part of repentance is the sin

Comment

The article is about Putin giving the strongest hint in public that he is pondering a comeback.

Comment

did he ever leave???
          he has a pupet as a president, but he is still in chargge
          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by omon View Post
            did he ever leave???
            he has a pupet as a president, but he is still in chargge
            Putin and Medvedev are having dinner at a swanky restaurant;

Waiter; What will Mr Putin be having tonight?
            Putin; I will have steak?
            Waiter; And for vegetable?
            Putin; Yes he will have steak too

Comment

Originally posted by chakos View Post
              Putin and Medvedev are having dinner at a swanky restaurant;

Waiter; What will Mr Putin be having tonight?
              Putin; I will have steak?
              Waiter; And for vegetable?
              Putin; Yes he will have steak too

Putin and Medvedev at a press confrence -

Reporter - Mr.President, there's a string on your coat ..
              Putin - Wait, thats my string :))
              When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

It's not that he might, he will, otherwise they would have never changed the term limits to give him that oppertunity. This comes as no surprise and was well expected in the West.
                Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Putin comes back
                  Obama's second term
                  Mayan calendar ends

Sounds like a fun year!

Comment

Originally posted by Native View Post
                    Putin comes back
                    Obama's second term
                    Mayan calendar ends

Sounds like a fun year!
                    Don't be so sure that Obama will see a second term. By then his politics will have taken center stage not the man and his charm.;)
                    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

I saw the thread title Put May Come Back and I was just wondering, when did he ever really leave?
                      Nulli Secundus
                      People always talk of dying for their country, and never of making the other bastard die for his

Comment

Why do i get the impression that WAB is completelly underwhelmed by the Guardians story? I suppose the article was meant to shock or suprise people and where like 'meh, yawn, burp, so?'

Comment

Putin's the man. He's the showstopper. He's the main event. He's the legend. He's the icon. He's the rockstar. He's the mvp.

Comment

Putin is also publically questioning Medvedev's future, linking it to Russia's economy recovery, although as PM he is responsible for the economy.

Vladimir Putin questions Dmitry Medvedev's future

Vladimir Putin has sought to assert his authority as Russia’s most powerful, telling Dmitry Medvedev, his successor as president, that the economic downturn made his position vulnerable.

11 May [Telegraph] Mr Putin linked Mr Medvedev’s post to a recovery in the country’s battered economy and simultaneously delivered a belligerent message to Washington that dampened hopes for reconciliation between the Cold War rivals.

The Russian prime minister, who was constitutionally obliged to abandon the presidency last year, said: “Medvedev will look at his own political future, taking into account the interests of the country and the results of our joint work.

“Depending on the effectiveness of our work, myself and President Medvedev will take a decision about what we do in the future, both me and him.”

Mr Putin was speaking to Japanese reporters before an official visit to Tokyo. As prime minister, he is officially in charge of economic policy, but despite soaring unemployment, an economy predicted to shrink 6 per cent this year and a major corporate debt crisis, he signalled the president will be held accountable for Russia’s financial woes. ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
                              Putin's the man. He's the showstopper. He's the main event. He's the legend. He's the icon. He's the rockstar. He's the mvp.
                              You just wanna oil up his nipples, buy him Victoria's Secret and play towel-spanking pursuit games in the locker room don't you? Admit it.

HD Ready?

Comment

Working...
                              X