Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ermac View Post
    Where did you read that?
    ProfessionalSolders.com It's a SF ran site. Feel free to check it out and if you'd like, argue with the folks over there. ;)
    All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
    -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

This is what another veteran SF sniper said about M110 on that forum:

Originally posted by longrange1947

The programs are a wee bit screwed up. The general consensus of the snipers that i have talked with is the army is now screwed and the M110 is not even a good battle rifle as we had one cease to work after only 60 rounds. None will hold less than 1.5 moa and most are worse by a long shot.

The new Mk13s coming from wonderland, also known as Crane, are lucky to hold 1.5 moa and they say that is what the army asked for.

SCARs are a joke and fielding is up in the air. The sniper version is ....?

If I could I would shoot all involved in the project of jamming s**t down the guys throats.
      If that sounds like a vastly superior system to M-21 to you, I don't know what won't.
      Last edited by Triple C; 21 Oct 09,, 05:02.
      All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.

Comment

You will hear lots of different things. If I recall correctly in one magazine soldiers said the M110 was a good rifle. Perhaps they need to work out of the bugs? The M16 was not perfect either when it was first fielded and was gradually improved over time. Alot of unexpected things can happen to a rifle in combat opposed to the testing lab. I wouldin't compare the M21 to the M110 anyways, the M21 is designated marksman's rifle where the M110 is a full blown sniper rifle.
        Last edited by Ermac; 21 Oct 09,, 05:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Ermac View Post
          I wouldin't compare the M21 to the M110 anyways, the M21 is designated marksman's rifle where the M110 is a full blown sniper rifle.
          You have no friggin idea what you are talking about. That does it for me, goodbye dumbass!

Comment

Erma,

Are you sure you aren't arguing for the sake of not being proven wrong? In what way does your semantic quibble "the M21 is designated marksman's rifle where the M110 is a full blown sniper rifle" even matter? M21 is lighter, more dependable and more accurate than the M110. The thing better about the M110 is its label--"a sniper rifle". As if M21 and M25 was designed to be "not a sniper rifle".

Comment

Originally posted by Triple C View Post
              As if M21 and M25 was designed to be "not a sniper rifle".
              Sorry Trip, that's incorrect. The M21 and M25 where accurized verions of the M14 and where specifically developed to be a sniper system. I know this for a fact. Don't get bogged down in this rubes BS.

Comment

ProfessionalSolders.com It's a SF ran site. Feel free to check it out and if you'd like, argue with the folks over there. ;)
                That's an excellent forum; I registered with them, but quickly discovered I was way out of my league talking to those guys. This is the real deal, these guys are the sh*t. I haven't visted in a while, mostly because I'm too embarrassed.
                "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                  Sorry Trip, that's incorrect. The M21 and M25 where accurized verions of the M14 and where specifically developed to be a sniper system. I know this for a fact. Don't get bogged down in this rubes BS.
                  That's what I meant, that they were sniper rifles. I don't think designated marksman rifle actually describes any class of weapons, it's just whatever armed the DMRman.

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                  That's an excellent forum; I registered with them, but quickly discovered I was way out of my league talking to those guys. This is the real deal, these guys are the sh*t. I haven't visted in a while, mostly because I'm too embarrassed.
                  He, he, he. Lurk silent, lurk deep?

Comment

That's what I meant, that they were sniper rifles. I don't think designated marksman rifle actually describes any class of weapons, it's just whatever armed the DMRman.
                    Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying, and now I look back it was obvious(was really tired last night, should've went to bed). Now I do think that the Marines once utilized a standard M14, perhaps w/scope, for a DMR. Not for sure though, any Marines here have info on that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                      I just had a quick looksee, nice place, won't be going there again, as I don't belong.

Tony
                      Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

Working...
                      X