Why People Are Angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why People Are Angry

"So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Even the sailors are angry, because people are comparing this spending to some tipsy sailors'... Which frankly is an insult to the sailors... The US must have a bottomless money pit...
    "They want to test our feelings.They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and their newspapers."

Protester

Comment

Originally posted by Shek View Post
      I wonder how we ran up so much debt with those deficits earlier in the decade. In the visual it only looks like a couple trillion.
      Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
      ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Roosveltrepub View Post
        I wonder how we ran up so much debt with those deficits earlier in the decade. In the visual it only looks like a couple trillion.
        The reason why there's a large discrepancy between the deficits illustrated on the chart (which amount to about $2 trillion) and the actual national debt accrued ($4 trillion) is because the deficits illustrated display the total deficit/surplus. The $2 trillion surplus loaned from Social Security and Medicare, which they now own in the form of T-bills and T-bonds, offset the deficits by that amount, but result in almost $2 trillion in debt due to them from the Treasury some day.

For example, in 2003, the fiscal situation for the federal gov't was:
        On-budget surplus: $-538 billion
        Off-budget surplus: +$160 billion
        Total surplus: -$378 billion

So the actual deficit was $378 billion, while the government accrued $538 billion in debt, $160 billion of which was debt one government department owes to two government agencies. Make sense?
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Are people really that angry. I certainly don't see it much in my day to day life. Most of the people who seem to be angry are the ones who are always angry about something.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosveltrepub View Post
            The graphic also includes the Clinton gloabalization/dot com boom surpluses, which chips away a little bit as well.
            "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Working...
            X