Call of Duty 6 rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty 6 rumors

For any gamers out there.. the rumor thread for "Call of Duty 6" ..

What the game would be like ?

So far its a split between semi-scifi(Halo ) or literally modernwarfare2(COD4) with new maps and missions..

COD 5 was a disappointment when they decided to go back to the same old world war 2 theme..I'd personally prefer them adding new maps and missions to COD4...COD4 to me was the best real-war based FPS... maybe more 'politically bold missions' like Chechnya,Kashmir,Afghanistan,NWFP/Waziristan..maybe even Cuba/N.Korea..Just hope they dont overdo the middle-eastern theme which they pulled off so well in COD4

If it is "semi-scifi"(they're rumored to be looking for a sci-fi title)..I'm stumped ..how'd they possibly pull-off semi scifi without looking like a bad copy of Halo..

Well personally I loved CoD 5. Preferred it over Cod 4
    For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

I hope they don't go sci-fi (or even semi so) at this point. The market has already seen enough sci-fi first person shooter big names (halo 3, resistance, kill zone 2, gears of war, etc.) out there, anything more would just seem cliche.

I'd like them to go on making real war games. Their WW2 games were definitly the foundation of their reputation, but the gold in its mines is kinda exhausted. The European scenario has already been exploited very well, but I doubt if they can find anything that hasn't been covered in its past series anymore. The US-Japanese campaign in COD5 was a good try, although I don't really enjoy it as much as I did the European or North African campaigns in COD3. Yea shooting and burning enemies that keep coming is fun, but I just couldn't figure out how my actions affected the war. Only thing I could think of now that they haven't covered, is Indochina and China scenarios, which, basing on what they did in COD5, I don't have much confidence that they can make a good game out of.

IMO their success lies in the fact that WW2 is the best remembered and probably the best studied war in human history. What they did was trying to let players get into that history themselves, to taste and comprehend the feeling of greatness.
      夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

Rather than Cod style games I would like an updated instalment of the Company of Heroes series set on the Eastern front.

Comment

They should do some type of geurilla warfare game set in a wartorn African or South American country. That could be interesting, like a FPS Contra.

Comment

Its going to be called modern warfare 2 so......

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=203174

Comment

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
              Rather than Cod style games I would like an updated instalment of the Company of Heroes series set on the Eastern front.
              I so agree. That would be marvelous!
              " THe SiLEnt KNighT.

Comment

I too preferred COD4 over COD5, but the game I'm really looking forward to is Star Craft 2.
                " THe SiLEnt KNighT.

Comment

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
                  By the way, is Tales of Valour good ?
                  " THe SiLEnt KNighT.

Comment

There was a 5?
                    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by sohamsri View Post
                      By the way, is Tales of Valour good ?
                      Men of War ftw! :) It's the same 30 bucks. ToV is a rip off.

Way better. Panthers aren't taken out because you keep hammering at it with a BB gun for 20 mins. As an alternate you could sneak inf close and chuck a grenade to see the turret fly off.

Also COD4 and COD5 were created by different studios. The idea is to keep a COD title coming every year so they alternate releases. COD4 was way better and more immersive. Photos of Pripyat that I've seen online are mirrors of the scenario in game down to that swimming pool. Very neat.
                      "Of all the manifestations of power, restraint impresses men the most." - Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by chankya View Post
                        Men of War ftw! :) It's the same 30 bucks. ToV is a rip off.

Way better. Panthers aren't taken out because you keep hammering at it with a BB gun for 20 mins. As an alternate you could sneak inf close and chuck a grenade to see the turret fly off.

Also COD4 and COD5 were created by different studios. The idea is to keep a COD title coming every year so they alternate releases. COD4 was way better and more immersive. Photos of Pripyat that I've seen online are mirrors of the scenario in game down to that swimming pool. Very neat.
                        I was going to get Men of War when I went to Best Buy on Friday ... is it more like Company of Heroes or Faces of War?

@ Jame$thegreat, I like your idea of a guerrilla war/low intensity conflict FPS as I too am getting sick of all this WWII over and over especially the ETO.

@ Gunnut, COD5 is better known as Call of Duty: World at War.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202 View Post
                          @ Jame$thegreat, I like your idea of a guerrilla war/low intensity conflict FPS as I too am getting sick of all this WWII over and over especially the ETO.
                          Especially if they gave you the option to command a small team like Rainbow Six or Brothers in Arms as the American strike team, or a small team of rebels with beat up AK's and Galils and whatnot. Multiplayer would be reminiscent of CoD4 but in a confusing and reactive forest setting or small, poor villages.

Napalming forests like in 'Nam would be a highlight mission for the trigger-happy arsonists among us.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202 View Post
                            I was going to get Men of War when I went to Best Buy on Friday ... is it more like Company of Heroes or Faces of War?
                            It's a direct successor to Faces of War but the interface has been cleaned up considerably. No OP this, OP that. Well not much. A superb physics engine that calculates actual armour penetration from a particular angle and so on.

For instance was playing a particular single player campaign(Tunisia I think), I had a PIV fire an HE shell at some inf, missed them, hit a wall and the falling wall killed them. Also seen cases where ricochet kills chaps.

Harder to control than CoH. Has inventory control and with large battles especially as the soviets you can lose track of your units very fast. Fuel and ammo are accounted for. Which makes for interesting game play when you're planning a counter attack with captured PIVs but not so much fun if you're trying to defend Moscow.

I guess it is more realistic than CoH. No running into MGs, no fire up, Quasi- realistic LOS if you want, etc. The flip side is that it makes it a more deliberate game. Also near impossible to play the campaign alone. The maps are vast so too much to do by yourself. You can do co-op multiplayer though so that's how I've been playing.

If you like multiplayer you'd probably like it. No NAT issues no connection issues at all and scores of MP modes. If you play alone then apart from campaign there is not much left as there are no AI bots to play against.

As you can see from my enthusiasm, I really like the game.
                            "Of all the manifestations of power, restraint impresses men the most." - Thucydides

Comment

Wow so now i totally have to try Men of War.
                              What i always look for is a game that lets a Tiger be a Tiger, one shot one kill.
                              Chanakya what are the specs needed to run it smoothly?

Comment

Working...
                              X