Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 19 of 19

Thread: 26/11 aimed at capturing Kashmir, destabilising India

  1. #16
    Senior Contributor antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Feb 08
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Yusuf View Post
    Well thats the first thing any criminal does. Withdraws his confession as taken under duress. But the pictures of him released during his captivity shows him hale and hearty.
    Police confessions (excepts for those booked under POTO) are usually inadmissibe ina court of law, with good reason.

    Unless they reform the Police Act and associated codes of criminal procedure, I do not see any reason to think otherwise. However, in this case, his photo might do him in.

    I think the juvenile argument might also be a strong one, and I can't think of anything to refute it, unless there is some way to medically determine age

  2. #17
    Contributor axeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Sep 08
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by antimony View Post
    Police confessions (excepts for those booked under POTO) are usually inadmissibe ina court of law, with good reason.

    Unless they reform the Police Act and associated codes of criminal procedure, I do not see any reason to think otherwise. However, in this case, his photo might do him in.

    I think the juvenile argument might also be a strong one, and I can't think of anything to refute it, unless there is some way to medically determine age
    The court has already rejected his juvenile claim. Apparently he claimed he was 21+ when he was first detained/arrested.
    In any case, there is no way in hell that he will be let off. I'm just afraid that he'll be allowed to live with his food & medical bills credited to the tax payer (like poor, devout and "innocent" Afzal Guru). Hopefully, he'll meet an untimely death in his prison cell.

  3. #18
    Senior Contributor antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Feb 08
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,801
    Quote Originally Posted by axeman View Post
    The court has already rejected his juvenile claim. Apparently he claimed he was 21+ when he was first detained/arrested.
    In case he is convicted, he will have multiple avenues for appealing that ruling, and that would be enough to turn a death sentence to lifelong imprisonment.

    Quote Originally Posted by axeman View Post
    In any case, there is no way in hell that he will be let off. I'm just afraid that he'll be allowed to live with his food & medical bills credited to the tax payer (like poor, devout and "innocent" Afzal Guru). Hopefully, he'll meet an untimely death in his prison cell.
    I would be willing to fund his existence right upto the hangman with taxpayer's money. In fact it would be a pleasure and privilege to do so.

  4. #19
    Military Professional Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Aug 03
    Posts
    19,624
    He has been executed yesterday.

    His mercy plea to the President, the last resort having gone through the various levels of courts that took 4 years.

    Rs 50 crores were spent on him.

    He was also given food that he so desired which was not as applicable to other Indian prisoners!


    "Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

    I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

    HAKUNA MATATA

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. the myth of indianism
    By asif in forum Central and South Asia
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09 Nov 08,, 16:15
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21 Feb 08,, 01:11
  3. Indian engineers good only at theory: Microsoft
    By lumbakhumba in forum International Politics
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 06 Jun 07,, 17:46

Share this thread with friends:

Share this thread with friends:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •