• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have more appetite for FireFox```
    long live world's peace and harmony```

Comment

Originally posted by KRON1 View Post
      Tell me more about this google chrome. I already use their toolbar and love it.
      I installed Google Chrome few weeks back and my PC got infected by virus namely GoogleUpdate.exe now even I have uninstalled it yet this virus exist

Comment

Originally posted by payeng View Post
        I installed Google Chrome few weeks back and my PC got infected by virus namely GoogleUpdate.exe now even I have uninstalled it yet this virus exist
        What anti-virus are you using? I believe this 'GoogleUpdater.exe' in your computer is this same friendly thing (although yours won't be Chinese as mine, shown in the bottom right of the picture below) in my laptop. I just had a McAfee full scan and didn't find a virus.

Sometimes anti-virus softwares get over-sensitive and define some good as bad (Kaspersky picked out explorer.exe as a virus on my previous PC and deleted it, making that day of my life miserable). When you encounter something you are not sure whether or not it's a virus or something similar, you could always search online to check and determine for yourself.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by snowhole; 20 Mar 09,, 08:55.
        夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

i prefer IE7 or IE8 for compatibility
          and opera for speed and security

PS i believe firefox is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by snowhole View Post
            What anti-virus are you using? I believe this 'GoogleUpdater.exe' in your computer is this same friendly thing (although yours won't be Chinese as mine, shown in the bottom right of the picture below) in my laptop. I just had a McAfee full scan and didn't find a virus.

Sometimes anti-virus softwares get over-sensitive and define some good as bad (Kaspersky picked out explorer.exe as a virus on my previous PC and deleted it, making that day of my life miserable). When you encounter something you are not sure whether or not it's a virus or something similar, you could always search online to check and determine for yourself.
            doubt since I have no more google thing left in my pc for time being still atleast two processing file of GoogleUpdate.exe. Well I use Avast free home edition and it sucks maybe I will try bittorrent next, actually sometimes processing file get infected by virus and the remedy should be repair not delete, somewhere I have read that GoogleUpdate has got a bug in it .

Comment

Originally posted by payeng View Post
              doubt since I have no more google thing left in my pc for time being still atleast two processing file of GoogleUpdate.exe. Well I use Avast free home edition and it sucks maybe I will try bittorrent next, actually sometimes processing file get infected by virus and the remedy should be repair not delete, somewhere I have read that GoogleUpdate has got a bug in it .
              OMG!
              Googleupdate.exe is not a virus ! Maybe its not uninstalling because you tried to directly delete the file or the folder.

Avast is a disgrace to anti-viruses, and by the way you talked about trying bittorrent next...

Mate,
              Bittorrent is a torrent-downloading software. It is not an antivirus.
              " THe SiLEnt KNighT.

Comment

I don't want google update messing up my system.

Comment

Opera for evah!
                  For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
                    Opera for evah!
                    Agreed
                    When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sohamsri View Post
                      OMG!
                      Googleupdate.exe is not a virus ! Maybe its not uninstalling because you tried to directly delete the file or the folder.

Avast is a disgrace to anti-viruses, and by the way you talked about trying bittorrent next...

Mate,
                      Bittorrent is a torrent-downloading software. It is not an antivirus.
                      my apology for Bitdefender should be the term instead, thanks for pointing out.

Anyways I want GoogleUpdate.exe out of my PC but it is not done:(

Comment

Opera

Comment

I just deleted 'cookies' and now FF is all fine again :)))
                          Bye bye everything else lol.
                          夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

Finally got Chrome on my home computer. Much beautifulness. Had a little trouble with Facebook at first, but now it's running fine. Fast, and I love being able to search google, wiki, imdb, and anything else I want from the address bar.
                            I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Working...
                            X