What's your favourite web browser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favourite web browser?

I've been using Firefox 3 for months, but recently I'm having trouble accessing certain websites with FF (says 'Bad Request'). After I asked around I found that it was FF's fault. So I tried Google Browser, which, well, although not as good looking as FF (I have custom outfit on the FF), but browsing speed is surprisingly MUCH faster. Unfortunately Google Browser doesn't seem to support the middle button of the mouse (I can still scroll the wheel to slide up and down, but can not click middle button to pop up a round cursor to scroll pages).

So having seen that there are different browsers with distinguished features, I would like to hear your ideas about web browsers. Maybe recommend some for me?

Cheers.
    Snowhole
    Last edited by snowhole; 18 Mar 09,, 17:20.
    夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Originally posted by snowhole View Post
    I've been using Firefox 3 for months, but recently I'm having trouble accessing certain websites with FF (says 'Bad Request'). After I asked around I found that it was FF's fault. So I tried Google Browser, which, well, although not as good looking as FF (I have custom outfit on the FF), but browsing speed is surprisingly MUCH faster. Unfortunately Google Browser doesn't seem to support the middle button of the mouse (I can still scroll the wheel to slide up and down, but can not left-click middle button to pop up a round cursor to scroll pages).

So having seen that there are different browsers with distinguished features, I would like to hear your ideas about web browsers. Maybe recommend some for me?

Cheers.
    Snowhole
    I found the same problems with F/F as well , it was ok for showing which sites were suspect but sloooooooooooooowwwwww ;)

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
      I found the same problems with F/F as well , it was ok for showing which sites were suspect but sloooooooooooooowwwwww ;)
      For what we need it for, try IE7

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
        For what we need it for, try IE7
        Thats what I prefer.

If I have problems accessing something with it, then I use Opera.
        When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

IE7 is way toooooooo slow to open, and takes up too much memory to run (making other things slow as well). I'm really not a fan of it.
          夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

Originally posted by snowhole View Post
            I've been using Firefox 3 for months, but recently I'm having trouble accessing certain websites with FF (says 'Bad Request'). After I asked around I found that it was FF's fault. So I tried Google Browser, which, well, although not as good looking as FF (I have custom outfit on the FF), but browsing speed is surprisingly MUCH faster. Unfortunately Google Browser doesn't seem to support the middle button of the mouse (I can still scroll the wheel to slide up and down, but can not left-click middle button to pop up a round cursor to scroll pages).

Cheers.
            Snowhole
            I had some problems with FF 3 too. It wouldn't display the layout of websites properly. So I went back to FF 2, which I've been extremely satisfied with for a long time.

Btw, isn't FF 3 still beta? That might explain our problems with it!

Nebula82.
            Last edited by nebula82; 18 Mar 09,, 17:09.

Comment

FF is 3.0.7 now. This number doesn't seem to be a beta but I don't know...
              On its pages I don't see anything saying beta :S
              http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/

Originally posted by nebula82 View Post
              I had many problems with FF 3 too. It wouldn't display the layout of websites properly. So I went back to FF 2, which I've been extremely satisfied with for a long time.

Btw, isn't FF 3 still beta? That might explain our problems with it!

Nebula82.
              As for the layout problem, I believe when you maximize the window it would be fine (unless this page is really big). But still there are some pages that FF can't display well.
              夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

I have EI and Safari preloaded on my Mac. After running Safari the first time i never looked back. IE has never been used.
                Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Yea just trying Safari now... Looks pretty, and it is fairly fast (not as fast as the google one though). But it seems to take up too much memory as well. And the fonts I applied doesn't work on some pages, and Chinese characters are not well laid out. :S

But the good thing about it is that I can use my middle button again.
                  Last edited by snowhole; 18 Mar 09,, 18:00.
                  夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

In Safari(if installed on windows), you won't be able to open hotmail and a few other sites.

Although it was fast and a looker, lack of support for several websites made me uninstall it.

Currently, I use IE8 and Google Chrome.
                    Hate Firefox.
                    " THe SiLEnt KNighT.

Comment

Originally posted by sohamsri View Post

Currently, I use IE8 and Google Chrome.
                      Hate Firefox.
                      IE8 Now I'm jealous

Comment

Chrome's nice.
                        I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

I use FF3.0.x (been a long time now), and haven't faced any problems so far. Advantage of FF is the number of addons and plugins it supports. I have the NoScript addon/plugin installed, which is great for security. Also, it can block most advertisements if required. Also, it is the browser with least security faults.

Not to mention the hot skins, giving it different great looks (see screenshot)
                          Attached Files
                          Everyone has opinions, only some count.

Comment

^^^

Yeah... the same "looks" which gobble up your RAM, and take too much time to start.
                            So you end up with a big, fat and slow browser which pretends to hide its incompetency by its looks.

I see that you have opened Mininova.....Pirate !! :))
                            " THe SiLEnt KNighT.

Comment

IE6 and FF3 portable. If one doesn't work, the other will. If neither works, then the site is not good enough.
                              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
                              X