No announcement yet.

F-15se

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boeing say it will have the frontal RCS in the range of the JFS, any idea is it's accurate?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dago View Post
      Boeing say it will have the frontal RCS in the range of the JFS, any idea is it's accurate?
      I find that hard to believe.

The original F-15 airframe designers gave zero consideration to RCS from ANY angle. Just look at all the 90-degree airframe/wing/vertical stab/horiz stab junctions (not to mention the "square" inlets), and you can tell the designers weren't too concerned with RCS when they designed it back in the early '70's; I think they were more concerned with overall flight performance at that point. There's only so much you can do to a legacy airframe to reduce it's RCS. On the other hand, the F-35 was designed FROM THE OUTSET to have a reduced RCS; I would say the F-15SE has an RCS roughly equivalent to the F-18 E/F.
      "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by Dago View Post
        Boeing says a lot of dumb things. Usually it's not so public, but I take everything from their collective mouths with a grain of salt.

Comment

Thanks for the link, I never saw that thread.

Comment

Yeah when I first heard that, it was unbelief. I mean all they did was alter the frontal wing area, but the nose and tail, and the big glass cockpit remained the same... so I just find it extremely hard to believe.
            sigpic

Comment

threads merged.

Comment

Working...
              X