The Armed Citizen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
    Instead of round balls, I used the wire cutter portion of a pair of needle-nose pliers as a mold and cast shot about the size and shape of a short pencil eraser.
    Holy Ouch.

If I'm ever NEAR your neighborhood, remind me to announce myself loudly, hands clear and visible.

Me Friendly. Me prove it by moving slowly.

-dale

Comment

• Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
      Anybody hit with that load would wish he took up a less honest profession, such as a CEO of a major banking corporation.
      Rusty:

I especially liked that part, but I got to wondering how anyone so unfortunate and dishonest to start with could be less honest, though I suppose you can't do worse than some bank CEOs.:)
      To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Words to live by from our treasured Uncle Ted..........

Ted Nugent

Comment

• ARMED CITIZEN

NRA member Vernon Allen was watching television when an unknown male darted into his apartment. According to police, it was the third residence the suspect had unlawfully entered that evening. Allen asked the suspect, who mumbled unintelligibly, if he needed help. The suspect responded by raising his fist in a threatening manner. Allen retreated to the bedroom, got his 12-gauge shotgun and told the intruder to get out. But the suspect ignored him, instead advancing and trying to grab the shotgun's barrel. "When he grabbed the barrel of that shotgun," Allen recalls, "I had to make a choice so I pulled the trigger on him." The suspect was killed. (Morris Sun Tribune, Morris, MN, 06/21/09)
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gaylord Cox, an 82-year-old church minister, was sleeping when a young man knocked on his bedroom window. The juvenile, who unbeknownst to Cox had recently escaped from a detention center, said he needed to use the phone because his car had broken down. Cox said he would meet him at the front door. As a precaution, Cox placed a .38-cal. revolver in his pocket before letting the juvenile inside. Police say the suspect used the phone, then immediately turned and sucker-punched the older, weaker Cox in the face, knocking him to the floor. Cox sat up, drew his pistol and fired one shot, causing his assailant to flee. The youth was apprehended nearby. (Morning Journal, Lisbon, OH, 06/16/09)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hearing footsteps, a 50-year-old woman assumed her mother had returned home from work. When she called out but received no answer, she investigated. The footsteps belonged not to her mother, but a convicted felon wielding a knife and a gun. He threatened the woman, who attempted to appease him with cash and liquor, but his threats only grew more violent. After 30 horrible minutes, the woman's mother, 77-year-old Doris Gatchell, returned home. She proved to be a woman of action. "When someone comes into your house and threatens you, you don't have to tolerate that," Gatchell said. "I have taken a course in gun safety. I knew what to do." Police say Gatchell got her gun and ordered the suspect to leave the house. He promptly ran out the front door. " ... It is a good thing to take a gun safety course and I recommend it for everyone, particularly women in this day and age," Gatchell added. (Calais Advertiser, Calais, Maine, 06/18/09)

About a year ago, Elliott Firby and his wife grew concerned about increasing crime, so they purchased their first firearms and obtained concealed-carry permits. "You have to do something to protect yourself," Firby said. "The police can't be there all the time." Firby began carrying his .380-cal. handgun regularly. He was glad he carried it one evening when a man leapt from a truck and accosted him. Police say the suspect pointed a shotgun at Firby, but chose polite words to announce the armed robbery. "Give it up, sir," he said. Firby slowly went to his knees, pretending to comply, before drawing his handgun in a fast, smooth motion and firing two shots. The suspect and his accomplice were arrested at the hospital when he sought treatment for a gunshot wound. (Herald-Tribune, Sarasota, FL, 06/12/09)

Police say a 17-year-old approached Michael Dawes and asked for a dollar. Dawes said he didn't have any money, so the teen moved along. Not long after, a man approached Dawes and asked for marijuana. Dawes said he didn't have any and told the man to shove off. At that point, the teen returned to the scene and the two suspects began assaulting Dawes. A concealed-carry permit holder, Dawes drew a handgun and opened fire. The suspects fled the scene but were arrested shortly thereafter. (The Morning Call, Allentown, PA, 06/28/09)

"What was he going to do?" Harold Chick asked regarding a home invader. "I don't know if he had a weapon." Chick can ponder those questions now, but it's fortunate he did not have to discover their answers on the night of the crime. Chick, who had been watching television with his wife and daughter, had just fallen asleep when he heard his television automatically shut off. When Chick opened his eyes, he was alarmed to find a man standing over him. "He was standing there at the foot of the bed, and I was wondering, 'Who the hell is standing there?'" Chick said. According to police, Chick grabbed his shotgun, which he'd kept nearby, and the intruder fled the home. (Ocala Star-Banner, Ocala, FL, 06/05/09)

Comment

• Notice the only one put down permanently was in Minnesota. :)

-dale

Comment

• You want rice or 230grains of lead with that?:gunut:

An armed robber entered Peking Chinese Restaurant in Bridgeport, Conn. and ordered food while an accomplice waited outside. As an employee opened the cash register, the criminal drew a gun and attempted to steal the cash. When the owner, sitting at a nearby table, noticed the robbery occurring, he retrieved a gun and shot the robber in the chest. The pair of criminals fled in nearby car, but only made it four blocks before crashing. The wounded criminal was found dead at the scene of the wreck.

The restaurant owner has a carry permit and has not been charged. (The Connecticut Post, Bridgeport, Conn. 09/27/10)

Comment

• You can now search for armed citizen stories near you. Since many of these positive stories don't make the news, you can search the archives by state.

Just click the link, and enter your state in the search block.

NRA-ILA ::

Comment

• Gun Ownership Rises to All-Time High,
                  Violent Crime Falls to 35-Year Low

Coinciding with a surge in gun purchases that began shortly before the 2008 elections, violent crime decreased six percent between 2008 and 2009, including an eight percent decrease in murder and a nine percent decrease in robbery.1 Since 1991, when violent crime peaked, it has decreased 43 percent to a 35-year low. Murder has fallen 49 percent to a 45-year low.2 At the same time, the number of guns that Americans own has risen by about 90 million. Predictions by gun control supporters, that increasing the number of guns, particularly handguns and so-called “assault weapons,” would cause crime to increase, have been proven profoundly lacking in clairvoyance.

NRA-ILA :: More Guns, Less Crime Again

Comment

• :whome:
                    Attached Files
                    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
                    X