Elections 2009 in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elections 2009 in India

Since this is not yet a debated topic here on the forum, I thought I should put a poll out on this topic.

Who do you think will win the 2009 General Elections in India ???
    • BJP + Allies
    • Congress + Allies
    • Third Front

Also, list down your views about why you think they will win...

Cheers !!!
    BJP + Allies
    45.83%
    Congress + Allies
    50.00%
    Third Front (Mayawati, Commies et al)
    4.17%

http://www.intrade.com/jsp/intrade/c...=1235756761000
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

I hope it is not the 3rd bunch of loonies
      "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

I am not a Congress supporter but I think INC would be the party in majority and form the ruling alliance (as per current development), moreover whom would Congress project as next PM and whom would BJP project?

so I voted for Congress(INC)

Comment

Originally posted by payeng View Post
          Whom would Congress project as next PM and whom would BJP project?
          Manmohan Singh and LK Advani
          When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gokul View Post
            Who do you think will win the 2009 General Elections in India ???
            Is your intention to have a poll for Indian members only, or for all?

It is a good idea that the Obama approval/disapproval polls separates American and International members.

Comment

here who had voted for the lefties?

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
                Is your intention to have a poll for Indian members only, or for all?

It is a good idea that the Obama approval/disapproval polls separates American and International members.
                Let's gauge the opinion first amongst everybody and then filter out majority Indian opinion from the rest by looking at the flags

Comment

Originally posted by Knaur Amarsh View Post
                  Manmohan Singh and LK Advani
                  Is the Congress party officially projecting Manmohan Singh as the candidate??? Isn't that against their supposedly "democratic" process of electing their leader internally (read Sonia saying who it should be)

Comment

Originally posted by Gokul View Post
                    Is the Congress party officially projecting Manmohan Singh as the candidate???
                    Sonia Gandhi was asked last Independence Day if Manmohan Singh would unfurl the Tricolour at Red Fort next year too, she said Yes.

Isn't that against their supposedly "democratic" process of electing their leader internally (read Sonia saying who it should be)
                    To quote Congress spokesman Shakil Ahmed - What she has said she has said, that is the party line :))
                    When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Better congress than BJP, given the current climate a BJP govt st the center would embolden the bloodthirsty fringe of the party too much.
                      For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

I voted BJP+allies. I think INC will fare badly because they have almost achieved nothing except nuke deal. and have utterly failed in protecting ppl against terrorism and not to mention their ex-home minister shivraj patil.

but whether BJP can form govt, I dont know. unless the unthinkable happens and left support the BJP.

Comment

Originally posted by johnee View Post
                          I voted BJP+allies. I think INC will fare badly because they have almost achieved nothing except nuke deal. and have utterly failed in protecting ppl against terrorism and not to mention their ex-home minister shivraj patil.

but whether BJP can form govt, I dont know. unless the unthinkable happens and left support the BJP.
                          The leftists will most certainly not support the BJP. But, other members of the so-called Third Front would be gullible to support the largest party, whoever it might be. Atleast outside support can be expected, but it will again lead to a fractured mandate and an impotent Government... hehehehe...

Comment

Lok Sabha polls will be held in five phases from April 16 to May 13, the Election Commission announced today.

The five phased polls will be held in Jammu and Kashmir and Uttar Pradesh while Bihar will have four-phased elections, Chief Election Commissioner N Gopalaswami told a press conference.

Maharashtra and West Bengal will witness three phased polls while Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa and Punjab will have elections in two phases.

Remaining 15 states and seven union territories will have one-day polling.

The counting of votes will take place on May 16 and the 15th Lok Sabha will be constituted by June 2.

In the first phase, 124 constituencies will go to polls on April 16. 141 constituencies will witness balloting in the second phase on April 23, 107 seats in third phase on April 30, 85 seats in fourth phase on May 7 and 86 constituencies in the last phase on May 13.

Elections to Assemblies in Andhra Pradesh, Sikkim and Himachal Pradesh will be held simultaneously with the Lok Sabha polls.

Photo electoral rolls will be used for the first time in 522 out of the 543 constituencies, Gopalaswami said.

499 constituencies have been redrawn in the delimitation exercise. Delimitation could not be undertaken in Andhra, Assam, Jharkhand, Manipur and Nagaland, Gopalaswami said.

At least 71.4 crore will be the number of eligible voters, an increase of 4.3 crore over the 2004 figure of 67.1 crore.
                            The dates seem to be out... Five phase polls throughout the country. Voting + Counting in exactly a month.

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv...WEN20090085293

Comment

By the way, what do you think about the Chawla v/s Gopalaswamy controversy ???

Comment

Working...
                              X