No announcement yet.

Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there's still a 4 points gap between them. Pool needs to endure their efforts, in the mean while to hope that Man Utd would make mistakes.

I personally find the competition for the 4th spot more interesting though. Would it be someone non-big-four? Was hoping Aston Villa could hold their position but they seem to be declining while Arsenal is back on track again. Same four clubs every year -- that's boring lol.
    夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

Originally posted by snowhole View Post
      while Arsenal is back on track again.
      Arsenal fan myself ...

Comment

For all the disgruntled and suicidal MAN Ure fans there has been a helpline set up after the crushing home defeat by their arch enemies the mighty LIVERPOOL

The number to ring is

0800 414141

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
          For all the disgruntled and suicidal MAN Ure fans there has been a helpline set up after the crushing home defeat by their arch enemies the mighty LIVERPOOL

The number to ring is

0800 414141
          :)):))
          When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

The number to ring is

0800 414141
            The enemy(Liverpool) of my enemy(Man U) is also my(Chelsea) enemy, so either way I'm not too happy. Anyways, good news that Essien has returned, god I missed him.

Though I must admit that was funny^^:)) :))
            Everyone has opinions, only some count.

Comment

Originally posted by Kommunist View Post
              The enemy(Liverpool) of my enemy(Man U) is also my(Chelsea) enemy, so either way I'm not too happy. Anyways, good news that Essien has returned, god I missed him.

It's actually good news for you. With Man U losing 3 minutes, the Blues could again see the light of champion, although not necessarily enough.
              夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

Originally posted by Kommunist View Post

Apparently they have been inundated with calls making references to the past , tee hee ,, tiss the future they should be looking at,and if they want to see a trophy this year ,, go to LIVERPOOL AND SEE THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS , THAT THEY OWN ;)

But i reckon its gonna be close but , Chelseas year ,a draw with L/P and MANURE would have been great for them:( C,Mon you KOP .

Comment

Liverpool won't even win their next game against Villa, that's the team they are. Man Utd will probably still win the league, and Chelsea to come in second. Arsenal fourth, unfortunately I can't see Villa nicking fourth place, for them it's only one way and that's down the table, Everton probably have a shout at fifth.

My opinion. At the end of the day anything can happen, Barcelona had a 12 point lead that's been halved to 6. Anything can happen in a short space of time in Football, nothing is certain.

Comment

Man U and Pool already played the two home and away matches with each other, now they are solely on their own, whereas Real would welcome Barcelona to Santiago Bernabeu for another El Clasico this season.
                    夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

Originally posted by Steezy View Post
                      Liverpool won't even win their next game against Villa, that's the team they are. Man Utd will probably still win the league, and Chelsea to come in second. Arsenal fourth, unfortunately I can't see Villa nicking fourth place, for them it's only one way and that's down the table, Everton probably have a shout at fifth.

My opinion. At the end of the day anything can happen, Barcelona had a 12 point lead that's been halved to 6. Anything can happen in a short space of time in Football, nothing is certain.

Yes anything can happen but the way Villa played against Spurs , L/Pool will hopefully trounce them .;)

Comment

I guess at least one couple of the 4 English teams will clash against each other in the next round of the Champions League. After all if the semi-final ends up with all 4 English clubs, it would be too awkward for Michel Platini.

It's such a shame that nowadays only F.C. Barcelona seems to be competitively on par with English clubs. French clubs are completely gone, let alone clubs from Portugese or Dutch or any other smaller leagues. Only Bayern Munich stands out for the Germans. 5-year-straight first round elimination for Real Madrid, and although Valencia and Atletico Madrid and maybe even Seville or Villareal have the potential to be giants, they either lack money or good management. And the glory of Italian football is also fading, don't bother mentioning 2007, it was Kaka and an amazing F. Inzaghi won the Champions League, not A.C. Milan.

I miss the years around Y2K when Man Utd, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich were the overwhelming sides. And at that time Italian sides were also challenging, along with F.C. Barcelona and several German giants like Bayer Leverkusen and Borussia Dortmund, and there were surprises like Valencia, La Coruņa, Monaco and Porto. Matches of the Champions League then were so much more entertaining than they are now.
                        Last edited by snowhole; 20 Mar 09,, 00:05.
                        夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

Originally posted by snowhole View Post
                          I guess at least one couple of the 4 English teams will clash against each other in the next round of the Champions League. After all if the semi-final ends up with all 4 English clubs, it would be too awkward for Michel Platini.

It's such a shame that nowadays only F.C. Barcelona seems to be competitively on par with English clubs. French clubs are completely gone, let alone clubs from Portugese or Dutch or any other smaller leagues. Only Bayern Munich stands out for the Germans. 5-year-straight first round elimination for Real Madrid, and although Valencia and Atletico Madrid and maybe even Seville or Villareal have the potential to be giants, they either lack money or good management. And the glory of Italian football is also fading, don't bother mentioning 2007, it was Kaka and an amazing F. Inzaghi won the Champions League, not A.C. Milan.

I miss the years around Y2K when Man Utd, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich were the overwhelming sides. And at that time Italian sides were also challenging, along with F.C. Barcelona and several German giants like Bayer Leverkusen and Borussia Dortmund, and there were surprises like Valencia, La Coruņa, Monaco and Porto. Matches of the Champions League then were so much more entertaining than they are now.
                          Totally agree. Real madrid have gone downhill ever since they brought that English one trick show pony to Bernabeu just to sell shirts. Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, Carlos, those were the days :)

Comment

Originally posted by tinymarae View Post
                            Totally agree. Real madrid have gone downhill ever since they brought that English one trick show pony to Bernabeu just to sell shirts. Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, Carlos, those were the days :)
                            Ya dont mean Mr Beckham do you

Comment

Ya dont mean Mr Beckham do you
                              He means "Mr.Spice/Spice Boy";)
                              Everyone has opinions, only some count.

Comment

Bayern Munich v.s. Barcelona
                                Man Utd v.s. Villareal
                                Liverpool v.s. Arsenal
                                Chelsea v.s. Porto
                                夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。