No announcement yet.

Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it hilarious how you guys get all het up about football, its just a game after all, far to over rated, players are paid far to much, the English players have no pride in playing for England. Football players cheat (pretend to fall, wriggle around on the ground in pretend agong), foul mouthed, indisciplined, and they kiss and hug each when they score, real sissy sport. Stick Ronnie in a Rugby Union side or League, in the Pack, see how long he lasts. Get him to swear at the ref, watch him walk.

England will never be as good as they were in the 60s', the Girlies we have now have now heart, no pride, they sulk too much. Oh, and I agree Beckham should only get a cap if he completes up to 99% of a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaobam Armour View Post
      I find it hilarious how you guys get all het up about football, its just a game after all, far to over rated, players are paid far to much, the English players have no pride in playing for England. Football players cheat (pretend to fall, wriggle around on the ground in pretend agong), foul mouthed, indisciplined, and they kiss and hug each when they score, real sissy sport. Stick Ronnie in a Rugby Union side or League, in the Pack, see how long he lasts. Get him to swear at the ref, watch him walk.

England will never be as good as they were in the 60s', the Girlies we have now have now heart, no pride, they sulk too much. Oh, and I agree Beckham should only get a cap if he completes up to 99% of a game.
      You getting het up C/A sheeeesh its not a game anymore mate , its a business , and i agree with all you say about our glorious ga , oops business ;)

Comment

I don't mean to offend anyone, it just makes my blood boil when I watch these so called professionals turn out for their Country.

Comment

You aint insulted me mate , your right, as pros when we turned out for our country and werent pros people got killed , especially when the other pros thought they were ;)
          Last edited by tankie; 12 Feb 09,, 22:16.

Comment

I think Footballers pay should based on performance and results i.e. Give them a basic wage and top it up with results and trophies won; the same when representing their Country i.e. 2,000 per week, reach the quater finals another 2,000 each, reach the semis, 4,000 each, get to the finals lets say 6,000 each and if you win the final a nice big bonus.

Comment

Are they really getting paid for playing for national teams? I thought only clubs pay them salaries as it's their jobs, and when they put on national shirts it's all volunteer effort (if they win or achieve something big they'll get a bonus, of course).
              夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

No they get paid a bucket full of money to play for their Country, or so I'm led to believe. Football doesn't 'Float my Boat'.

I believe that the salary package for the England squad per game is approximately 1 million.
                Last edited by Kernow; 13 Feb 09,, 00:10.

Comment

Originally posted by snowhole View Post
                  Are they really getting paid for playing for national teams? I thought only clubs pay them salaries as it's their jobs, and when they put on national shirts it's all volunteer effort (if they win or achieve something big they'll get a bonus, of course).
                  If it were like that, then a lot of people wouldn't bother playing for the national squad.
                  When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaobam Armour View Post
                    No they get paid a bucket full of money to play for their Country, or so I'm led to believe. Football doesn't 'Float my Boat'.

I believe that the salary package for the England squad per game is approximately 1 million.
                    I found this. They get a relatively small 'match fee' as salary for playing for their national team, but get more (probably much more) from sponsors.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle1907151.ece
                    It would not be technically accurate to say that they will represent their country for nothing because they will still be rewarded for commercial work on behalf of the FA’s sponsors, but it will be the first time in the national team’s history that the match fees – £750 for a defeat, £1,000 for a draw, £1,500 for a win – will have been put to good causes.
                    Last edited by snowhole; 13 Feb 09,, 03:08.
                    夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

Good link S/H , well done to the players .

Comment

This kid is... I donno what to say... Just watch...

Steve Wilson wrote in Daily Telegraph:
                        Let's just hope there isn't a six-year-old Marco Materazzi out there lying in wait.

LOL
                        夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

Originally posted by snowhole View Post
                          This kid is... I donno what to say... Just watch...
                          very impressive

Comment

Anyone lost money tonight?
                            夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

Great. Old Madrid loses in Champions League again.
                              夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

Lagging story but still interesting.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/mikenor...ce_for_romance

Stupid Cupid: the streaker who ended Coventry's chance for romance
                                Posted By: Mike Norrish at Feb 16, 2009 at 09:49:00 [General]
                                Posted in: Sport , The Championship , The Championship , Football
                                Tags:
                                Coventry City, FA Cup, Michael Doyle, streaker

Few things in sport are more annoying than a male streaker.

A certain romance: Streaker offered roses to players

A giggle, no doubt, if it's your mate whose snow-white beer belly is splashed across national newspapers.

But in reality, a frustrating and ridiculous distraction, and especially so at the Ricoh Arena on Saturday.

Stupid Cupid, as he has been dubbed, 'celebrated' Valentine's Day by running onto the pitch during Coventry's FA Cup tie with Blackburn.

Complete with bow and arrow, Cupid spread roses around the pitch before the stewards grabbed him.

No harm done? Not according to Coventry's Michael Doyle, who reckoned the Blackburn fan ended up costing City a place in the sixth round.

The delay prompted referee Steve Tanner to play five minutes of added time, which was just long enough for Christopher Samba to score a last-ditch equaliser and earn Rovers a 2-2 draw.

"We could have done without him," admitted Doyle. "If he hadn't come on, we'd have seen out the three minutes added time for all the subs."

Cupid's streak wasn't Coventry only slice of bad luck at the weekend after a bout of food poisoning - caused by dodgy seafood - decimated Chris Coleman's squad before the match.

So much for the romance of the Cup...
                                BTW, he got dumped by his gf immediately after this.
                                夫唯不爭,故天下莫能與之爭。

Comment

Working...
                                X