Cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
    A great match. Pakistan fought hard in patches, but gave way too easily too often. Australia's batting & bowling was too consistent & too even, however. Every Australian player contributed.
    I almost find it embarrasing how you aussies seemed to have beat them with ease yet it seemed like the epic clash of the titans when they were over the tasman. We would have won if it hadn't been for the rain though

Comment

• Originally posted by eshcol View Post
      I almost find it embarrasing how you aussies seemed to have beat them with ease yet it seemed like the epic clash of the titans when they were over the tasman. We would have won if it hadn't been for the rain though

Don't feel too bad, we just played back into form a deeply divided West Indies team....and we are 2/2 about 2 overs in on the first day in Sydney. Its a funny old game cricket....;)
      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• I very nearly posted here yesterday bemoaning the certain & ignominious loss that Australia was about to endure. With 2 wickets in hand & 80 runs ahead the outcome seemed assured - Australian humiliation.

Based on our first three days Australia deserved to lose. The decision to bat first was foohardy, especially with a middle order that had been underperforming all summer & one of our only 2 consistent batsmen out injured. We bowled well, if not brilliantly, and then proceeded to squander a good 2nd innings start to look beaten. Pakistan bowled well again, though their batting & fielding was once again less than stellar.

Then it all fell apart. First, Pakistan's terrible fielding took a toll - Warson was missed early, Hussey was dropped 3 times by the keeper, who also dropped Siddle. Any one of those catches would most likely have guaranteed victory. Then there was the captaincy - I haven't seen a captain bain fade like this since Allan Border spread the field for Ian Botham in Brisbane in 1986. Hussey was just handed an century. Even then, however, it wasn't all over. 176 should have been gettable. Pakistan crossed the line from positive to reckless. They threw away wickets. Australia bowled magnificently & fielded even better - Haddin's catching put Kamran Akmal to shame, & Hauritz endangered his health by taking a caught & bowled that could have killed him (I'm not kidding folks, a few inches higher & it would have crushed his windpipe). Pakistan put on a choke that even Sth Africa could not match.

ANd this is what I love about Test cricket. For 3 days Australia was outmatched & destined to lose. Then, in one magnificent day of Test cricket they stole the game. For a bowling attack that is inexperienced & still finding its feet this is the sort of stuff that kick starts dynasties. On the other hand, they covered the blushes of a woeful middle order that needs to shape up or ship out. We got lucky, but damn it felt good.
        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Now that IPL is almost over and real cricket has resumed, I think it's time to resuscitate this thread.

Thrilling tie between Ireland and Pakistan played out today:
          Ireland - Pakistan ODI - Dublin

Ever since I watched them humble England in the world cup, I've been a massive fan of Ireland. I really hope they make it to the big boys league, possibly as a replacement for Bangladesh. The angrez have had it good for too long!

Comment

Working...
          X