Sports Quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Quiz

Basically like the Quizzes in other sections of the forum, but about sport! (Hints in the name really)

Since I've drawn a blank as to questions right now but still think this thread must be started it shall start with an open question. (Not exactly the best start I know but still)
    Nulli Secundus
    People always talk of dying for their country, and never of making the other bastard die for his

Originally posted by Shiny Capstar View Post
    Basically like the Quizzes in other sections of the forum, but about sport! (Hints in the name really)

Since I've drawn a blank as to questions right now but still think this thread must be started it shall start with an open question. (Not exactly the best start I know but still)
    I'll start with a question, it's an easy one though. Who was the last NHL player to play without a helmet?
    Last edited by Herodotus; 09 Feb 09,, 21:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Herodotus View Post
      I'll start with a question, it's an easy one though. Who was the last NHL player to play without a helmet?
      Without googling and all that, was it Mr. Hockey? Gordie Howie?

Comment

Craig MacTavish
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
          Without googling and all that, was it Mr. Hockey? Gordie Howie?
          Nope, more contemporary.

Comment

He's a coach now.

Comment

He's a coach now.
              Guy Carbonneau?

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                Craig MacTavish
                Yeah you got it. I must have missed your post earlier. I guess you are up gunnut.

Comment

Yeah you got it. I must have missed your post earlier. I guess you are up gunnut.
                  The helmetless one...his head was never struck by a puck during his 17 (or so) year career. He was hit by a puck during practice coaching the Blues. Players threw their helmets at him.

Here's my quiz question: 1988 Los Angeles Lakers boasted 4 No.1 overall picks in the NBA draft. Who were they?

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                    The helmetless one...his head was never struck by a puck during his 17 (or so) year career. He was hit by a puck during practice coaching the Blues. Players threw their helmets at him.

Here's my quiz question: 1988 Los Angeles Lakers boasted 4 No.1 overall picks in the NBA draft. Who were they?
                    Is that the show time lakers?

Magic Johnson, Kareem, maybe Byron Scott, and I don't know the 4th

P.S are we allowed to use Google? As you may have noticed, life without google sucks right now

Comment

Thats not fair, because of your error I had to throw up another guess

:P:))

Comment

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
                        Is that the show time lakers?

Magic Johnson, Kareem, maybe Byron Scott, and I don't know the 4th

P.S are we allowed to use Google? As you may have noticed, life without google sucks right now
                        Try not to google and see if you can come up with the answer.

No Yahoo or MSN either :P

That was the Showtime Lakers. You got Magic and Kareem, but missing the other two.

Comment

Kareem, Magic, James Worthy and Mychal Johnson

The first three were drafted by the Lakers....Johnson game by way of a trade the year prior...can't tremember who he had been with Portland
                          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                          Mark Twain

Comment

Close enough. I think I'll give it to you.

It was Magic, Kareem, James Worthy, and Mychal Thompson.

Kareem was drafted by Milwaukee in 1969 I believe. He played 6 seasons for the Bucks and then came to the Lakers.

Mychal Thompson was drafted in 1976 I believe. Forgot who drafted him.

Magic and Worthy were both drafted by the Lakers, 1979 and 1982, respectively. The interesting thing was these 2 picks were not Lakers' picks. They traded a few seasons prior for them.

Your question.:)

Comment

I think Mychal Thompson was drafted by Portland (in 76 or 78?) and was traded to San Anotonio when Lakers picked him up. (not sure)

And I think the Jazz traded their number one pick (which turned out to be Magic Johnson) for Gail Goodrich.

This would have been much easier if I could've google'd it. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X