• Greatest warrior of all time?

Vote away boys.

Since the thread was my idea, i get the obvious first choice:

Achilles, son of Pelius(bad ass).

Originally posted by M21Sniper
    Vote away boys.

Since the thread was my idea, i get the obvious first choice:

Achilles, son of Pelius(bad ass).
    Arjuna or Bhisma. Hey if you want to use mythological figures, I might as well as use Hindu mythological figures.

Comment

A little of slavic mythology...

Илья Муромец - Ilya Muromez

Богатырь (bogatir) and just a nice fellow.

Comment

Horatius of Rome. According to Roman Legend he single handedly defended Rome against an entire Etruscan Army trying to cross a bridge to enter Rome. Not only did he stand a lone to repel them once, he did it twice.

Achilles has nothing on this man;)
        Last edited by Praxus; 11 Mar 05,, 21:18.

Comment

Achilles was the greatest greek warrior ever born(which says a lot when you are talking about the nation that produced the 300 Spartans of Thermopalye). In the Illiad he kills about a thousand men during the siege of Troy. He also is said to have captured 23 Trojan towns single handedly.

And it's disputed whether or not he was 'mythological' or real.

It used to be claimed Troy was mythological...until the archaeologists found it right where Homer said it was. And it had been destroyed right when Homer had said it was as well.

That's close enough for me.
          Last edited by Bill; 11 Mar 05,, 22:21.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
            Achilles was the greatest greek warrior ever born(which says a lot when you are talking about the nation that produced the 300 Spartans of Thermopalye). In the Illiad he kills about a thousand men during the siege of Troy. He also is said to have captured 23 Trojan towns single handedly.

And it's disputed whether or not he was 'mythological' or real.

It used to be claimed Troy was mythological...until the archaeologists found it right where Homer said it was. And it had been destroyed right when Homer had said it was as well.

That's close enough for me.
            Achilles may have been real but in all likelyhood his exploits were slightly exagerated;)

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
              Achilles may have been real but in all likelyhood his exploits were slightly exagerated;)

while single-handedly driving back an entire army (twice) is not??????????
              Remember, the enemy gate is down- Andrew šEnderš Wiggin

Comment

i would have to go with Sun Tzu on this one, even thought he was more general than soldier.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Locke
                  while single-handedly driving back an entire army (twice) is not??????????
                  Look up the word legend and come back to me.

Comment

During the time of King Arthur and his men. Their was a warrior called Cimino. Historians have showed his first name to be Frank. He fought for the Barbarians and was known to take down up to 50 men at once. Also it was reported but dunno if it was myth he took down 10 armed soldiers with his bare hands.
                    Many people compared him to King Arthur and his knights.

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
                      Look up the word legend and come back to me.

well my friend, i was aware that your chosen warrior was of Roman Legend/Mythology, but i believe that so was Achilles (of Greek Mythlogy/Legend), until proven otherwise. Therefore y would you state that Achilles' deeds were exaggerated, while so were Horatius', and they both fall under the same category like i've said before???????????? It would just be contradicting yourself

Comment

What do you guys think of the achievements of Cimino.

Comment

good choice commando, i hadne't thought of him :)

Comment

Praxus, i'm sure his exploits were exagerated.

But i'm sure Horatius were too.

Comment

Google has never heard of Cimino, and neither have i. ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X