Taken the movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taken the movie

Anybody see Taken this past weekend? Liam Neelson does his own fight scenes, none of that drawn out ballet stuff, short quick and brutal. Looks like Silat and something else.
    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

That was an awesome movie. I don't condone torture but watching that movie made me rethink my position.

Everyone should watching this movie. There's a good moral lesson in it.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
      That was an awesome movie. I don't condone torture but watching that movie made me rethink my position.

Everyone should watching this movie. There's a good moral lesson in it.
      The benefits of a developed power grid. I did get a dirty look when I pointed out that hanging upside down was preferable to sitting upright. Keeps em disorientated and makes it harder for them to defecate or urinate on you.
      Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
      (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
        The benefits of a developed power grid. I did get a dirty look when I pointed out that hanging upside down was preferable to sitting upright. Keeps em disorientated and makes it harder for them to defecate or urinate on you.

I downloaded the movie after watching it in the theater. The "downloadable" version has a few more scenes cut out of the theatrical version. A bit more blood and few more innocent people getting killed.

Comment

I saw the previews for it and read some reviews. I liked it the first time I saw it, when it was called The Searchers, oh yeah and the second time I saw it when it was called Hardcore with George C. Scott. Don't know if it has the same moral message in questioning the actions of (father figure) John Wayne in The Searchers and (father) George C. Scott in Hardcore or if it's just Liam Neeson going around killing a bunch of people. If it is the latter, I don't know why you would need an actor of Neeson's chops to do that. Ah Luc Besson what happened to you after Nikita and the Fifth Element. :)

Comment

I brought this movie to my friend's movie night. It ran back to back twice because so many people wanted to watch it and some wanted to watch it again.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
              I brought this movie to my friend's movie night. It ran back to back twice because so many people wanted to watch it and some wanted to watch it again.
              Hey that movie just came into theaters, how did you get a copy so fast?

Comment

It was released a year ago in Europe.

Comment

Is this the movie where Liam Neeson is a former CIA agent who's daughter is kidnapped?

I wanted to see this but now the whole plot has been revealed :)

Comment

One have to see this movie. It's Liam Neeson – for crying out loud - The Jedi Master!

And he still has good moves in his repertoire, I just wish he would use a lightsaber too.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202 View Post
                      Is this the movie where Liam Neeson is a former CIA agent who's daughter is kidnapped?

I wanted to see this but now the whole plot has been revealed :)
                      It's very good. You should go see it.

Originally posted by Grees View Post
                      One have to see this movie. It's Liam Neeson – for crying out loud - The Jedi Master!

And he still has good moves in his repertoire, I just wish he would use a lightsaber too.
                      I was half expecting Liam Neeson to whip out a light saber half way through the movie.

Comment

My husband and I saw the movie a week ago. We really liked it...but unfortunately for Ashley she won't be traveling overseas by herself anytime soon! Not that she was planning to!
                        “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                        "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                        sigpic

Comment

Love the cool headed instructions, during the kidnap part !! Gr8 movie.....

But is Paris so dangerous in reality?
                          Everyone has opinions, only some count.

Comment

Originally posted by Southie View Post
                            My husband and I saw the movie a week ago. We really liked it...but unfortunately for Ashley she won't be traveling overseas by herself anytime soon! Not that she was planning to!
                            When I was 17 my parents were very keen to get me out of the country (which they stayed in) for as long as possible. Brought me the tickets and everything
                            First non-school trip holiday with just mates (no bloody parents) that I had, loved every second. Enjoying the different sites of Europe... well the various clubs, bars and all the like. Fun holiday that was
                            Nulli Secundus
                            People always talk of dying for their country, and never of making the other bastard die for his

Comment

Working...
                            X