X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chem toilets? Never saw those.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxor View Post
      Hey I pretty much have never gone on exercises just deployments, closest thing to exercises I've seen was when the SP's, admin guys and motor pool people went and played army in tents for a few days. Just get told to practice packing and loading our deployment kits, which is really kinda silly because we get to load our newly packed pallets about 1/2 the time we do that anyway. It just depends on weather or not we get graded on our pallet build first.

(seemingly more stuff gets broken when we get good grades on pallet building mainly in my opinion since we use about 2 less pallets but they get whiny grading when we have under height pallets the other way).

Sure chow halls are sometimes tents but they have the nifty chem toilet trailer right behind them, and besides red horse is usually about half done with the real buildings by the time we get there.
      Thats the reason i asked how old you are maxor ,, when i was serving the nearest thing we got to a chem toilet was a large trench filled with a creosote type liquid and several portable thunderboxes placed over the top and a hessian screen round the front and back , otherwise were were in troop leagures and had to adopt the shovel and foot recce for the best place ,,, hey Col we sure have been pampered in the past huh NOT . :))

Comment

very similiar to a standard port a potty flat roof instead of domed and fitted 4 to a trailer not sure if its a military special order thing or just something that got build and used by who-ever they got the port a potty from in the first place... Since both examples I've seen were plastic roughly the same color as all there other tan military vechiles there I somewhat assumed that they were a standard toy.

Comment

Originally posted by gf0012-aust View Post
          Amy,

I'm sure it slipped Chaobam's mind - but the APU can also be used to power "everything" when the tank is at rest/idle.

CA - one thing intrigues me - I assume that your name is a corruption of "Chobham Armour" - why the spelling change?
          Go back to thread 45 and see what I wrote there regarding the running of systems without having the Main Engine running. No Main Engine, means the vehicle will be at rest.:)

Comment

What makes the centurion such a long running tank ? As far as i know they were only upgunned after 1956 and by 1965 the Chieftain tank was already available.

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel View Post
              What makes the centurion such a long running tank ? As far as i know they were only upgunned after 1956 and by 1965 the Chieftain tank was already available.
              Centurion had a substantial capacity to be upgraded, upgunned and uparmoured. The main gun was originally a 17-pounder, replaced by a 20-pounder and eventually the renowned 105mm L7 series gun. Other improvements have included increased fuel capacity, a contra-rotating commander's cupola and improved stowage. The last variant to be produced was the Mk. 10 (which was an upgunned and uparmoured Mk. 8) from which the Mk. 13 was developed (mounting a ranging machine-gun and infra-red night vision equipment). The main gun of the Mk. 13 was the 105mm L7A2 rifled tank gun, which was fully stabilised and used with a ranging machine gun. She was a dream to drive too. I used to drive the target tank at Sennelager in Germany, fantastic experience, a little deafaning at times. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Chaobam Armour View Post
                I used to drive the target tank at Sennelager in Germany, fantastic experience, a little deafaning at times. :)

It certainly was a good tank to drive. Big triple plate clutch and a good stick change...sweet;) Legs like Arnie after 3 weeks on Soltau

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                  It certainly was a good tank to drive. Big triple plate clutch and a good stick change...sweet;) Legs like Arnie after 3 weeks on Soltau
                  Not wrong there Dave. Did you have to mention Saltau though, damn God forsacken place. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Chaobam Armour View Post
                    Go back to thread 45 and see what I wrote there regarding the running of systems without having the Main Engine running. No Main Engine, means the vehicle will be at rest.:)
                    Yeah, spotted after I went back and did a "re-read"

I am curious as to your name though, care to shed?
                    Linkeden:
                    http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gary-fairlie/1/28a/2a2
                    http://cofda.wordpress.com/

Comment

Just wait one darn second here, you Aussies had the GAVIN-FSV and you gave it up for the ABRAMS? Mike Sparks must be rolling in his grave ... or he will once he finally croaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                        Just wait one darn second here, you Aussies had the GAVIN-FSV and you gave it up for the ABRAMS? Mike Sparks must be rolling in his grave ... or he will once he finally croaks.
                        We have gone and burnt good money stretching and re-engining them.... yin and yang
                        Linkeden:
                        http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gary-fairlie/1/28a/2a2
                        http://cofda.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                          From what I can gather, The GAVIN is a M113 APC.

Could you give more of a detailed description?

Comment

From what I can gather, The GAVIN is a M113 APC.

Could you give more of a detailed description?
                            What you can GATHER, GATHER!!!!!1!111!1eleven!

CHOKE URSELF!!!!!!11!1!!11oneone!!!11111eleven!!!11111
                            !!
                            The Gav1n is the worlds greatest TANK ever built! The fact those lazy assed Aussies with their ghey floppy hats replaced SOUND TAFVs with wheeled LAV-1 DEATHTRAPBSTRUCKs, Bushbeatoffers MCRAPs, and fatassed Abraham TUBS shows they have no IDEA on modern WAR.

The YELLOWHORDEs spearheaded by Indonesia will outmaneuver M-1s/LAV-1/Bushbeaterss with their TRACKED PT-90s, AMX-13s, Scorpion-90s and BMP-3s. 90mmm HEAT rounds on the flanks will wipe out Abrahms tanks with ease and Indonesian light infantry while slash th Bushbeatoffcrapvehicles tires or throw rocks breaking the windows.

Australia needs to put up the uparmored TRACKED Gav1ns as a new LIGHTHORSE unit with horsemen with HK-416s with the 6.5mm round, MULTICAM, DRAGONSKIN, in TRACKED-TANKS with the ability to swin, withstand 120mm direct fire from APDS/HE, and be dropped from airplanes in a 3D ATTACK on the HORDE unlike the LAV-1 SHITWAGONs.

Other models for the SASR ego manics who NEED a TAFV to support recce patrols and move queily, quickly and deep BEHINd Taliban lines in 3D strikes and long duration LURP missions. Other versions with a fixed 203mm assaultgun like a STUG for POINT TARGETS and a 240mm mortar version for HE SUPPORT. All version could be used by the AIRBORNE like General Gav1n (PBUH) intended. All Aussie trops would be trained as AIRBONE LIGHTHORSE. No more click button Button BS A-hole; death and Gav!n.

FlyingBOATGAV1NS will be needed for Marine-Horse to attack Indonesian island fortresses like in WW-2. Could fly under their own POWER and land off shore and SWIM to shore or land like a HELICOPTER BEHIND positions and fire HE rounds into Indo bunkers and fight of HUMAN WAVE attacks the Indos are KNOWN to launch.

Had those lazy BASTARDs had a Gav1n based 3D force at Galliopholi the Ottomans would have fled and their capital would have Fallen to the silent sound on TRACKED TANKS.

CAS supplied by OH-13s towed by Gav1ns on TRAILERS behind the advance ready to ATTACK at a moments notice through the Aussie jungles. Mosquitos made of cheap WOOD could also be towed behind units and fitted with PGMs to support ground forces.

On the 8th day God (swt) invented the Gav!n.
                            Last edited by troung; 28 Jan 09,, 05:27.
                            To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by gf0012-aust View Post
                              Yeah, spotted after I went back and did a "re-read"

I am curious as to your name though, care to shed?
                              When I was joining WAB I must have had one to many at the time, it is supposed to be Chobham (as in Armour) as I served on both CR 1 CR 2. But perhaps I should now change it to Dorchester.:)

Comment

We have gone and burnt good money stretching and re-engining them.... yin and yang
                                I should take a razor to your face like you owe me money .
                                To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Working...
                                X