Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of the recent US presidents with daughter only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of the recent US presidents with daughter only?

I found a question asked by a Chinese Internet user on a Chinese forum very interesting. Here it is:
    From Clinton to George Bush to Obama, the recent US presidents have daughters only. What do you think? ;)

Interesting, but with the economy, 2 wars, global terrorism ... I can not say that it intrigues me.

I am just looking forward to see what he will do with the serious issues we have.

Comment

Bush sr. 1989-93 /Clinton 93-2001/Bush Jr. (2001-09)/Mrs. Clinton (missed by a step still got Secretary of State anyways) instead Obama (may be till 2017).

Now the options for the next ruler may be
      Mrs. Bush/Mrs. Clinton/Mrs. Obama
      or
      Bush daughters/ Clintons Daughter/Obama Daugters

USA is going to have a female president soon enough. :))
      Last edited by kuku; 22 Jan 09,, 06:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Shuimo View Post
        I found a question asked by a Chinese Internet user on a Chinese forum very interesting. Here it is:
        From Clinton to George Bush to Obama, the recent US presidents have daughters only. What do you think? ;)
        That's very interesting....another thing to ponder is that if Hillary became president Chelsea Clinton would be First Daughter again!

Nebula82.

Comment

If I'm going to hazard a guess as to why... making a huge generalization that may hold absolutely no water... but maybe it has something to do with men taking a keener interest in raising their sons than daughters, the latter they "delegate" more to their wives. Then they'd have more time to dedicate to their political career. Maybe... or maybe it's just completely random that the last three presidents have only daughters.
          "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
            If I'm going to hazard a guess as to why... making a huge generalization that may hold absolutely no water... but maybe it has something to do with men taking a keener interest in raising their sons than daughters, the latter they "delegate" more to their wives. Then they'd have more time to dedicate to their political career. Maybe... or maybe it's just completely random that the last three presidents have only daughters.
            You are right, Duke, it really does not hold any water.

In fact I would say that girls are closer to their fathers than they are to their mothers. However, since I have a daughter, I will hope and pray that it would somehow increase my chances of being President someday
            "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Shuimo View Post
              This maybe so, but have you noticed another trend?

Obama, GW Bush, Clinton, and GHW Bush are all left handed.

Take that. :P
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Daughters: Acidity ?

Left Handedness: Evil ?
                "If we will not be governed by God then we will be ruled by tyrants" -William Penn

Comment

1. People in high stress positions have more daughters on average.
                  2. Daughters tend to be closer to their fathers, at least earlier on.
                  "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                    This maybe so, but have you noticed another trend?

Obama, GW Bush, Clinton, and GHW Bush are all left handed.

Take that. :P
                    Right handers must fight the power!

Comment

Working...
                    X