X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper rifle software launched for iPod touch

New BulletFlight program could be a 'killer' app for Apple

Last Updated: 3:19PM GMT 20 Jan 2009

BulletFlight is a new application has been launched for the iPod touch to help gun users line up a clean shot at their target

A new application has been launched for the iPod touch to help gun users line up a clean shot at their target.

The BulletFlight app, which costs £6.99 to download from the iTunes store, has been developed by Runaway App to turn the iPod touch into a ballistics computer which the company says can provide “quick solutions in the field”.
    Users can mount their iPod touch to their rifle, and then use the iPod’s touch-screen to tap in details about the wind conditions, ammunition type, distance to the intended target and even the wind speed.

“Unlike other apps, BulletFlight does not output information in table format,” says the application’s iTunes page. “What it does do is dynamically give you the solution you need now to take that shot.”

The application features built-in profiles for three weapons – the M110 semi-automatic precision rifle, the KAC PDW, and the 14.5in SR16 rifle – although users can add more weapons into the app.

“Environmental calculations are based on the Sierra Bullet model,” says the BulletFlight iTunes entry. “Up to five ballistic co-efficients with corresponding velocity thresholds may be used for each profile.”

BulletFlight is not the first shooting application for the iPhone and iPod touch – that honour goes to iSnipe – but it’s the latest in a long line of unusal apps for the devices, which have included simulated beer-pouring, a fart machine, and even “breathalysers”.

This is just what any self respecting sniper needs; the ability to use their iPod as a ballistics computer, all while grooving to Pat Benatar’s Hit Me With Your Best Shot
    Attached Files
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.

I dislike, seeing that tight-jean wearing yuppie shit, on a rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Steezy View Post
      I dislike, seeing that tight-jean wearing yuppie shit, on a rifle.
      I would have agreed, until I got an iPod for Christmas. It's so beautiful you simply have to give in to your basest consumerist impulses.
      I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Working...
      X