Private Military Companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Seven View Post
    There are a lot of different names for the same thing.
    It's not the same thing.

PSCs and LSCs replace non-essential military personnel at (relative) dumping prices, that's all there is to it - saving money. In most cases they work in areas that have always fielded civilian employees to a large degree, and in most cases they have both public and private/corporate customers as well, operating in both military and civilian environments. PSCs, depending on theater, might blur the line to mercenaries somewhat.

Depending on what area we're talking about, a lot of LSCs in a variety of nations are actually state-owned btw, shafting off former government civilian employees into outsourced companies where they typically work for less money and less employee protection.

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
      It's not the same thing.

PSCs and LSCs replace non-essential military personnel at (relative) dumping prices, that's all there is to it - saving money. In most cases they work in areas that have always fielded civilian employees to a large degree, and in most cases they have both public and private/corporate customers as well, operating in both military and civilian environments. PSCs, depending on theater, might blur the line to mercenaries somewhat.

Depending on what area we're talking about, a lot of LSCs in a variety of nations are actually state-owned btw, shafting off former government civilian employees into outsourced companies where they typically work for less money and less employee protection.

I know the difference, I've been in the business since the mid-70s and now I hire ICs for executive CP and provide threat assessment for 5 clients south of Texas. Perhaps my post wasn't clear enough. There are a lot of different names for Private Security Companies. No, LSCs are not PSCs, I didn't say they were...but they are part of the Peace and Stability Industry, many of whom belong to the IPOA, the International Peace Operations Association. AMECO, J-3 Global and PAE are in the IPOA along with BW, SOC-SMG, ArmorGroup and SSRs like MPRI.
      Last edited by Red Seven; 25 Jan 09,, 21:08.

Comment

Are there any PMC's out there that participate in actual combat but aren't seen as unlawful combatants?

Comment

Originally posted by dfg209 View Post
          Are there any PMC's out there that participate in actual combat but aren't seen as unlawful combatants?
          Executive Outcomes did in Angola and Sierra Leone and Sandline.
          Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
          (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Working...
          X