Zumwalt class destroyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kommunist View Post
    By your logic, it will be even more easier to mask a rowing boat.
    Yep! Hiding yes... ordnance carried is another problem...

Then again, considering the cost of each of those cruisers... maybe 2-3 smaller, cheaper ships would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
      Oh...I'm sorry.

How about:

Neutralizing the threat axis from stand-off range using sea-based forward-deployed artilery platform?
      Much much better, Im sure the New York Times and the San Francisco Daily will appreciate the proper etiquette!:)) Dinosaur!:P;)
      Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Is frequency hopping also introduced in ship-borne radar as a measure to avoid detection?
        Here comes the silent killer

Comment

we all have Seen a huge buzz on US Navy Newest Destroyer... Last year

Why is this called to be Next Generation, Stealthiest and Smartest Destroyer... in the World ??

Here is a Short video which gives perfect answer

Video - DDG 1000 America's Next-Generation Destroyer - Naval Technology

Comment

Originally posted by ramakrishna View Post
            Why is this called to be Next Generation, Stealthiest and Smartest Destroyer... in the World ??

Here is a Short video which gives perfect answer
            Now if the US could afford to build more than 3 of them they might actually prove useful. As it is they are doomed to be used as engineering test beds for their entire careers - so that promising tech can be transferred to the AB's or similar platforms.
            If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

The USN really should stop calling them "destroyers". These are cruisers...

Whole thing reminds me of the RN calling the Invincible class "through-deck cruisers" for political reasons...

Comment

Originally posted by jlvfr View Post
                The USN really should stop calling them "destroyers". These are cruisers...
                I would go so far to redesignating them CL-161 through 163 (or CLG since they do have guided missiles, but since strike is her primary duty, I'd just use CL)

Comment

I have seen this List . Top 10 Destroyers... Much Compramised with first postion but about the order is that correct ?

The world's 10 biggest destroyers - Naval Technology

Comment

Working...
                  X